Corsair Community

Type 3 sleeved cables EOL?

mamoel

A week ago I ordered the "Professional Individually sleeved DC Cable Kit, Type 3 (Generation 2), RED" (SKU: CP-8920049) at the Corsair online shop.

Sadly this kit does not contain the "Individually Sleeved 24pin ATX Cable Type 3 (Generation 2), RED" (SKU: CP-8920057).

I can't find a shop selling this cable for a fair price. I paid 85 EUR for the sleeved cable set and won't pay additional 90 EUR just for the ATX cable. :eek:

So my question: are these "Type 3 (Generation 2)" cables still produced by Corsair or are they already EOL?

Strange thing is that at some shops it's not only 'currently out of stock', but it's 'not available anymore'.

Corsair didn't answer my support request (#2001169569) yet (opened last wednesday).

• Corsair Employee
A week ago I ordered the "Professional Individually sleeved DC Cable Kit, Type 3 (Generation 2), RED" (SKU: CP-8920049) at the Corsair online shop.

Sadly this kit does not contain the "Individually Sleeved 24pin ATX Cable Type 3 (Generation 2), RED" (SKU: CP-8920057).

I can't find a shop selling this cable for a fair price. I paid 85 EUR for the sleeved cable set and won't pay additional 90 EUR just for the ATX cable. :eek:

So my question: are these "Type 3 (Generation 2)" cables still produced by Corsair or are they already EOL?

Sadly, they are no longer made.

That said, Type 3 and Type 4 are the same except for the 24-pin.

If you need a 24-pin, you can buy it separately from Cablemod.com.

• Corsair Employee
Actually, it looks like there's inventory just sitting in warehouses. Just not allocated for Corsair webstore sale. I've asked the PSU PM to see how to move the inventory to Corsair webstore since no retailer is going to be interested in SKUing these up.

Yes it's the 24-pin ATX cable I need. And I need it in the same color as the other cables. I'm not sure if the cablemod "red" is exactly the same as Corsair's "red".

It would be really nice to get the original Corsair cable in European Webshop.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it's the 24-pin ATX cable I need. And I need it in the same color as the other cables. I'm not sure if the cablemod "red" is exactly the same as Corsair's "red".

It would be really nice to get the original Corsair cable in European Webshop.

Hey. New to forum but i am proud owner of a HX750i PSU for over 5 years now. I wanted to ask you, as i understand from your words, that you live in Europe and bought the cables from Corsair online. Do they have European Webshop or the cables were sent from USA? Cause i am looking to buy sleeved cables too and can't find any here in Greece. I can only find the Type 4 Gen4. So if you can give me more informations about your buy i would be very thankfull.

Edited by prototyposgr

Corsair has not EOLed cables there is simply a supply problem due the slowdown thank to some necrovore than spread all their germs all over hell's half acre

Corsair has individual cables but some vanity cables are in short supply

• Corsair Employee
Corsair has not EOLed cables

No. They have. The Type 3 Generation 2 cables OP is looking for have been EOL for some time.

But there is still some inventory in various Corsair warehouses.