Corsair Community

Silicone insert for 14mm tubing

ISLESEAYOU

I just placed an order for a bunch of Hydro X items. I realized that all the you tubers (Paul, Linus, Jay etc.) never said anything about the silicone insert. Can anyone confirm if these tubes come with the insert or should I buy it separate. I have an insert from a TT cutting & bending kit, just wasn't sure if it would fit 14mm.

• 7 months later...
It is a ridiculous to have a customer, outsource a tool that is very much needed for the application of ones' product. Even more so, when customers are spending near or over a thousand dollars for a whole "kit"(Loop). I am in the same boat trying to find a 10mm sleeve for 14mm tube. That wont take a MONTH to be delivered. Maybe, specify on the product page, that the tube is not included. Even Thermaltake supplies an insert and they are no comparison to Corsair. SAD!

It is a ridiculous to have a customer, outsource a tool that is very much needed for the application of ones' product. Even more so, when customers are spending near or over a thousand dollars for a whole "kit"(Loop). I am in the same boat trying to find a 10mm sleeve for 14mm tube. That wont take a MONTH to be delivered. Maybe, specify on the product page, that the tube is not included. Even Thermaltake supplies an insert and they are no comparison to Corsair. SAD!

Every time you want to cut a new piece of wood do you expect to be given a new saw? The tube insert is, as you correctly called it, a "tool" and can be used on many tubes over time. The tubes, are consumables.

Should there be some kind of "starter pack" that includes tube, bending insert, maybe a heat gun, some mandrels - quite probably. I wouldn't be making my customers buy an insert every time they buy tube though.

If you think that the silicone insert is the only "outsourced tool" you will need to make your hard line tubing work, you are in for a big shock...