Corsair Community

CORSAIR Diagnostics yellow flags Norton 360

rob2e

I get a warning regarding having TWO firewalls installed. It claims I have Windows Defender and Norton 360 installed. Norton 360 "controls" Windows Defender therefore I cannot turn off Defender. But the yellow warning icon is DRIVING ME INSANE!

Any thoughts?

Screenshot_1.thumb.jpg.2c70e94bd96644cb6218fd608ff0c106.jpg

Norton is your problem. It is overbearing, uses way too much resources, buggy, and generally less effective IMO. Its generally more like a virus than an anti-virus.

Norton was found to be selling certificates with googles name on them to other people. Chrome doesn't trust Norton certs anymore, and I don't trust Norton.

Windows defender will do just as good a job, while being more tuned to the OS to prevent you from even noticing its doing its job. It has come a long way, and is much better than Norton or McAffe... both of which I pretty much consider trojans.

I appreciate that info. I have Norton 360 as part of LifeLock. But it does seem to be overbearing. Do you recommend any OTHER anti-virus malware protectors or just Windows Defender? I DO have a couple of trojans on my machine which is WHY I got Norton 360 added to my account.