Corsair Community

M65 Does Not Stay Lit

johndoe86x

I've been struggling with trying to find a combination of USB power savings, firmware updates, and Windows updates to get this to work to no avail. I'm running Windows 8.1 x64, and in order to get the mouse to light up, then I have to unplug it before plugging it back in. It will stay lit for some time before going after. Sometimes it's not idle, and others it's after I come back for some time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you for responding. This is the M65 RGB. It will light up and accept the current profile settings without issue, but then randomly turns off. I have to unplug the mouse in order for the LED to work. The regular movement and DPI changes are without issue, though.

I don't know if it's an anomaly or not. I was assuming it would be fixed in a firmware issue by now, but it doesn't seem like enough people have complained about it. I have a white M65 if that makes any difference at all. I have tried plugging it into both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports. Last night I locked my computer; the keyboard and mouse turned red per the usual. I walked in the computer room this morning to find the mouse still lit. I'm going to unlock it after work, and try to time how long it takes before it exits... or maybe see if there's a program that is conflicting with it. Can anyone replicate the issue intentionally?

Update: I unlocked the computer. My keyboard is currently staying on the "locked" and default lighting profile, while the mouse changed to the profile I have set. After a few minutes of playing around. It hasn't changed or gone off. I will update later and try to replicate further.

• 2 weeks later...
I am also having this issue with my M65 RGB. Not only do I have to unplug the mouse and plug it back in, but I also have to switch USB slots every time. If I plug it back into the same slot nothing changes, but if I switch slots, it will turn on again. After the initial switch I can plug it back into that slot and it stays lit, but the initial change has to happen. Because of this I've tried it in every single USB slot I have, and it happens in all of them. I've plugged other devices into each slot and none of them have stopped working after the same period of time, so I'm confident it's not the USB slots themselves. I do have a K70 RGB keyboard, so I was wondering if maybe the two devices are just conflicting with each other? Either way, it's frustrating. Hopefully they can come up with a fix.

I have the exact same issue. I have both the K70 RGB and the M65 RGB, both work just fine. However, the M65 keeps turning off the lights (even when it's in use!!!) To get the lights on again I have to unplug it from the USB and insert it again.

I have also tried all possible power settings combinations. My OS is fully patched, all the latest drivers, hotfixes, firmwares.

I would like to see an update from Corsair, my mouse has been working fine for a few days now. And today, it just went off. This is clearly a widespread issue. I am running Windows 8.1 Pro x64. This is getting increasingly frustrating.

Please submit an RMA request at http://corsair.force.com

We would like to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Also, please let me know your RMA number as well via private message. Thank you for your patience thus far.

Please submit an RMA request at https://corsair.secure.force.com

We would like to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Also, please let me know your RMA number as well via private message. Thank you for your patience thus far.

Hi LeChuck, do you suggest that I also put in a RMA request? It doesn't really sounds like a hardware issue. If my computer is is just left idle, then the light stays lit. However, if I go play Battlefield 4, then after a while the mouse just turn off all lights. Currently I'm testing without the CUE installed, so it's not related to any of the profiles.

Please note that I'm also running Windows 8.1 64-bit.

EDIT: 09:31 AM: The lights just went out while surfing the internet.. :-( This is driving me crazy!!!

EDIT: 09:37 AM: Some additional info, then my system is using the default Microsoft "HID-compliant mouse" driver 6.3.9600.17480 from 21-06-2006

Sadly, the issue is not confined to Win 8.1 I am on 7x64 sp1. After perfect service the last two months, I recently isntalled CUE 1.2.77 and it's been behaving strangely ever since. The two adjustable zones stay locked on one color and are unchangeable. The DPI selector color is permanently out. Uninstalling CUE and reboot - everything comes back to normal. May try to roll back to a previous version.

So today, my mouse worked for about 4 hours with no problems. Then a little while ago, the lights went out. So I unplugged the mouse and plugged it back in, and it blinked on for a second and then turned off again. So, I tried changing slots and it did the same thing. Now the lights won't turn on at all.

Thomas-DK, you're not alone in this one. My M65 RGB (new) also does the same thing. However, the lights on mine turn off even without the computer being put to sleep or by a screen saver turning on. I use this mouse all day long. When I turn my system on, the lights are fine. But eventually throughout the day, I'll notice that at some point, the lights went out. Opening up CUE and turning them on and off again has no effect (they do night re-light). The only way that I've been able to get the lights to turn on again is to unplug/re-plug the mouse back in to the USB port.

For reference, I'm using a built in USB 3 port on an MSI GS60 Ghost Pro laptop.

After being coerced by a friend into trying out some Corsair gear, I jumped in head first with a K70 RGB (Browns) keyboard and now this M65 RGB mouse. I'm not a penny pincher, by any stretch of the imagination. However, I recognize that for most consumers, that is a LOT of money to dump into peripherals which should match a price to performance ratio.

I really wanted to like Corsair's products, but I have to admit that I find myself wishing that I would have just stuck with the Razer gear that I had. These products are just not meeting the quality expectations that I had from a company such as Corsair.

We are experiencing the exact same thing…! I also went straight out and bought the K70 RGB and the M65 RGB! Corsair UE doesn’t let me turn on the lights once they have been turned off. Unplug and plug it in again is the only “fix”.

I however would expect that the support from Corsair would be a lot better :(:

• Corsair Employee

Hi guys, Im just catching up on the issue here. If you're noticing issues with the lighting going off, its most likely because you didn't save the profile to the mouse.

After you've configured both the Performance and Lighting tab, make sure you save the profile to the mouse so the lighting stays on even if CUE is off. If however, this doesn't work, then I'll need to look deeper into it and see if I can replicate it. This applies to both Sabre and M65.

This may not apply to everyone, but I've managed to correct the issue on my set-up. I noticed the M65 RGB lighting worked as intended when I uninstalled CUE. Having just moved to a new board, I was already mindful of driver issues. By setting the CUE not to load on start up, I have normal light functioning. Then if needed, I launch the program after boot. Profile switching and lighting work as intended and just as they had before I moved to the new board. Three days issue free. I am on an Asus X99_PRO. Those of you also on Asus boards may benefit from setting it up that way. You already know what program was causing the conflict.

Archived