Corsair Community

ETA for the new 750D ?

SimDuch

Still can't use my new 750D with the Formula VI backplate on, even the 100i will have to flex a lot to get there... The support told me that a new release will be available, you have a date ?

thanks

S.

PS: Also, why Corsair so silent about this ? I mean lots of people have the same problem but yet no official comment ?? would have been great to have some words from you ! You know, just to clarify things a bit !

anyways... cheers

• Administrators

We're not silent, just busy with turkeys :) Just received this from George:

The Obsidian 750D uses built-in standoffs to support the motherboard, similar to how our 300R does. In the years we've shipping cases like this, we have yet to run into a compatibility issue, including the boards with backplates such as the Sabertooth series. However, the Maximus VI Formula motherboard changed the spacing around the motherboard mounts in the backplate to cause a physical incompatibility. As such, there are two options: remove the backplate completely, in which case the board will fit normally. Or to use a different case.

Due to request, we will eventually be moving the 750D to use standard, non built-in standoffs. However, the change is months away as tooling takes significant time. We regret this incompatibility and are working to address it, but it is an unfortunate circumstance of two vendors both trying to create a new standard in their respective industries and the occasional hiccups that we run into when pushing the boundary of the current status quo. Thanks.

Yes but will they honoured my warranty in a "few" month ? thicket is already open: 6247571, is the formula VI compatible in the 900D case ? What I want, is switch my case, I will not put hours in cable management and so for doing it again in months... ! Iam stuck with this buit that I cant complete because of the 750D and I just want another case model... ! simple enough ? its been weeks that I am asking for that, your the first offical answer from Corsair... I want to move foward with this matter !

thanks

I also bought a 750D with the intention of using it with the VI Formula (which I don't have yet).

Anyways, I was wondering if there's any way to identify whether I have a new production version of the 750D or an old version that could have problems mounting the Formula. I bought the 750D on November 25 from Newegg.ca. The second post in this thread seems to indicate that only the initial batch of cases has this issue.

Thanks!

Due to request, we will eventually be moving the 750D to use standard, non built-in standoffs. However, the change is months away as tooling takes significant time. We regret this incompatibility and are working to address it, but it is an unfortunate circumstance of two vendors both trying to create a new standard in their respective industries and the occasional hiccups that we run into when pushing the boundary of the current status quo. Thanks.

The stand-offs will not be build-in meaning you won't see the small bumps at the front.

• 3 weeks later...
No, it is not.

Some people are saying they've already received a revised version where the middle standoff is not there and there is a "thin looking screw without threads" instead...

So is the new one already out, in that case? Figured I'd ask again since your post was earlier in the month. I purchased a 750d case from newegg.com on 12/24/13 so I hope mine won't have this issue

No it is not out yet. The new version will have traditional stand-offs and is still months away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corsair George

The Obsidian 750D uses built-in standoffs to support the motherboard, similar to how our 300R does. In the years we've shipping cases like this, we have yet to run into a compatibility issue, including the boards with backplates such as the Sabertooth series. However, the Maximus VI Formula motherboard changed the spacing around the motherboard mounts in the backplate to cause a physical incompatibility. As such, there are two options: remove the backplate completely, in which case the board will fit normally. Or to use a different case.

from one month ago

Originally posted by Corsair George:

Due to request, we will eventually be moving the 750D to use standard, non built-in standoffs. However, the change is months away as tooling takes significant time. We regret this incompatibility and are working to address it, but it is an unfortunate circumstance of two vendors both trying to create a new standard in their respective industries and the occasional hiccups that we run into when pushing the boundary of the current status quo. Thanks

There was also another thread that said maybe by summer...

ok, well maybe luck will be with us (those who have a problem) and Corsair will push forward for an earlier release... anyways, I guess that we will have to wait then... if Corsair have any words, it will be appreciated to post it in this thread !

cheers

S.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought the 750D yesterday thru the danish reseller computersalg.dk. They didn't have them in local stock.

Today I sent them an email about this and they replied that they just asked their supplier who told them that they will get the newest revision and they will send that to me.

So I expect to get the newest revision. If not, I will return the case, as I told them.

I should have it Feb 18. I'll report back then.

Archived