Corsair Community

GA-MA790X-UD4P with 2x TWIN2X4096-6400C5

emilyg

Hi there,

I've been having wierd issues with a box of ours that has the following configuration. We bought the TWIN2X4096-6400C5 (x2) kits because they were the only ones we could afford at the time.

1x GA-MA790X-UD4P

1x AMD 5050e CPU

2x TWIN2X4096-6400C5

Occasionally the motherboard will POST, other times I'll have to disconnect the power, leave it for a while and then if I'm lucky and clap my hands, and twhirl fast enough, it will POST.

I've been told to check that my memory is configured correctly, but I've left all the settings at AUTO. This machine is bascially running Linux and has several VMs that start at bootup that is used by our small business.

Any ideas what could be wrong or what the settings should be? I presume the board is delivering 1.8v but I can't even POST sometimes to check/change :(

An offside question, do you think it would be easier if I buy the CMX8GX3M4B1333C9 kit even though this is an AM2 instead of an AM3?

I should mention that the power supply is a Corsair HX-750 and the CPU is seated correctly and everything else seems to be fine (running 4x150GB Raptors which were disconnected, I just wanted to see the thing boot!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

Thanks for the reply but I was unable to make it consistently boot.

I have set the following settings:

Memory Clock: DDR-667;

CAS# 5T

RAS to CAS 5T

Row Precharge 5T

Minimum RAS 18T

1T/2T Command 2T

TwTr Command Delay 3T

Write Recovery 5T

Precharge time 3T

RowCycle 19T

RAS to RAS delay 3T