Corsair Community

Problem with RPM control on Commander Pro

georgebryant70

I recently bought a commander pro and hooked it up to my system. I have 6 LL120 fans hooked up to it.

RGB works fine but the RPM control is all over the place. They are 1400 rpm+ fans and the commander pro will now let them go above 758rpm no matter what I do.

I set a custom profile with a fixed rpm and applied it to all the fans that are hooked up and it did nothing

I looked at other forums and made sure my firmware was up to date and did a force update after setting the new profile and…nothing. Still have the same problem. I plan to use corsair fans in a water-cooled build but if I don’t have control of the fans it will not work.

Any advice on how to fix problem? Screen shots bellow

1682710741_2019-09-24(1).thumb.png.240dfe638e3228568f9bd96f312ee4ed.png

2019-09-24.thumb.png.74f6563b2f29e6652571f6ebd12fffb5.png

Your 3.3v rail is showing a garbage or unfortunately low value. This usually means you are running other monitoring program(s) that are interfering with iCUE control or you may have used some type of Molex to SATA adapter to power the Commander Pro and it is not getting the 3.3v rail from your molex.

Aida64, HWiNFO, anything else trying to read the same values. However, usually there are other visible signs of trouble with garbage readings in both programs — not just the corrected 3.3v rail.

Another to check is the settings tab -> Commander Pro. If you have all LL fans, change the fan motor type from “Auto” to 4 pin. This is good idea regardless and it won’t do a fan test on power on.

Aside from that, we would normally look at connection type, but with 6 fans all doing the same thing and I am assuming no splitters or other non-standard wiring, I am not sure what else it could be.

Aida64, HWiNFO, anything else trying to read the same values. However, usually there are other visible signs of trouble with garbage readings in both programs — not just the corrected 3.3v rail.

Another to check is the settings tab -> Commander Pro. If you have all LL fans, change the fan motor type from “Auto” to 4 pin. This is good idea regardless and it won’t do a fan test on power on.

Aside from that, we would normally look at connection type, but with 6 fans all doing the same thing and I am assuming no splitters or other non-standard wiring, I am not sure what else it could be.

Yep, I have them set to 4-pin, no splitters and all standard wiring, and I don't have either of those programs installed. I even tried uninstalling X1 precision boost for my graphics card and it didn't make a difference. I am at my wits end and may submit a ticket with corsair to see if there is anything they can do.

Afterburner and X1 should not have any affect since they do not access the Commander Pro. You may want to try a repair install of iCUE. Go to the standard Windows Settings -> Apps menu and click on iCUE. Follow the directions for the modify/repair install.

Aside from, I am not sure what else to suggest at this point. You can certainly contact Corsair Tech Support as well. If it was a hardware issue at the fan controller level, I would expect different behavior from different fans. Aside from a total power failure, I would not expect 6 individually controllable fan headers to have 6 PWM control failures. It should not happen that way. The fan curve appears to be applied correctly. Maybe profile corruption... after the repair install, create a new profile and set up a new custom fan curve. There is nothing special about the default profile anyway. It is not the default profile because of its name. Whatever software profile sits at the top of the list is the default profile.