Corsair Community

K90 Spacekey sound issue?

Zokeh

Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time needed to read this post.

I currently have an issue with a K90 keyboard that I very recently purchased.

The sound of the spacekey, when pressed differs when pressed at different locations - is this normal for this product?

My other keyboard has no varriance in sound, regardless of where I press it.

The sound of the space-bar changes to a somewhat metallic clicky-sound, when pressed to the left of the middle and a more robust, non-metallic sound, when pressed to the right of the middle.

I was not expecting any sort of inconsistencies as these with a keyboard of this grade.

Can this issue be resolved manually by me, somehow? - Or what steps do you recommend I take to solve this issue?

I've made a short private video, to illustrate the issue at hand:

Your efforts are much appreciated, thank you.

• Corsair Employee
Try to remove the space bar Zokeh and see if theres anything loose with the switches, or if anything may be under the spare bar that causes the problem. If you find nothing, and it still makes the issue after you reinstall the key, we can replace the keyboard for you.

Thank you for your answers.

I removed another key aswell, just for comparison, but I couldn't find any noticeable differences and it's, unfortunately, still making these sounds.

I'm sorry to hear that SummoneR - I only have an issue with the space key, everything else is mint.

• 1 month later...

Archived