Corsair Community

Advice

ProDin

Hello, I am planning to build me computer. Now for my cooling I want to go with 6 rgb fans. Mainly the Corsair LL120 triple set which comes with the lighting nodes and kit for up to 6 fans to be plugged in. Now I understand if that takes up to 6 fans then I could simply just buy 1 triple set and 3 individual fans? My main question is though do I require to run commander pro in my set up ?

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
As long as you have a Lighting Node Pro, it's not required! The Commander Pro would make your life easier if your motherboard doesn't offer enough fan ports for power. You'd also have the ability to adjust the fan's RPM within the iCUE software, instead of worrying about changing it through the BIOS.

You can buy the triple plus 3 singles, however, it's not always more economical to do so. If the price is close, take the extra triple pack so you have a back up Lighting Node Pro and RGB Lighting Hub. Those may have value later for adding more stuff or an immediate fix/replacement for the existing part.

A Commander Pro is a Lighting Node Pro + fan controller in one larger piece of kit. If you want desktop fan control through the software, you need the Commander. It would replace the Lighting Node Pro as the "lighting controller". However, you will still need at least 1 multi-pack to get the RGB Lighting Hub. That is how power is delivered for the LEDs and it's only in the multi-packs or from Corsair directly. Hard piece to obtain outside of that.