Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 500D SE

Zotty

Hi! i will buy Obsidian Series 500D RGB SE when it released in Spain. it have frontal panel 3.1gen 2 connector but i have Asus Maximus VIII hero,and it only have x2 USB 3.0 mobo connector. Are any adaptor to it? are there any limitation to adapter? by example speed ? thX!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, my exact thoughts! They should have just left the commander pro and node alone. That preinstalled placement is pretty bad in my opinion.

Yeah the inside of my case looks quite messy now since I can only route the case fan cables to the front. I can’t even add a rear mounted fan because there are no rgb extension cables for the ll and ml rgb fans. I’ll definitely try the flat headed screw driver to pop it out to relocate to the back!

• 2 weeks later...
Does Corsair not have their own vertical GPU brackets and cable? I have a 1080 Asus strix and I'm not sure where to purchase the vertical GPU stuff for the 500d se

Get the TT 200mm riser cable. Any brand at 200mm really but TT's are common and usually on sale, it's just the right length to plug into the top pci slot on your board.

It's great looking case but my only grievance with is is that it's sold with LL fans and Commander Pro.

Would love to see the case without the fans and commander pro.

Alternatively, option with commander pro and ML fans would be interesting.

**already own bunch of ML120 and 140s and would hate to buy the SE case just to throw LL fans away**

• 2 weeks later...

After 7 years of using a 650D, I finally upgraded to the 500D SE. Got it in today, and I gotta say, it is FREAKIN GORGEOUS! Im in the process of transplanting my PC into it now.

I do agree with what some other people were saying. I'd really like to have seen the added RGB Corsair logo on the PSU shroud like the one they added to the 570x Mirror Black. Not sure why they didn't think to include that. I think it was smart on their part to ditch the curved glass panel on front. More cost-effective, and instead the curve comes from the really thick and sleek-looking door handles.

I just wish that they would have passed on a little of that savings in design change onto their customers! Maybe by including a rear exhaust LL120 just to complete the package and make the case feel like its completely ready to go right out of the box. Ive never spent this much money on a case before, Im on a fairly tight budget (it was difficult to make this purchase happen)and now I have to go spend another $30+ just to pick up a matching exhaust fan! Ack! Lol.

Still, the case is stunning! Im enjoying the build so far. After using an Obsidian series case for so many years, this one really felt like the right choice of upgrade for me..

After 7 years of using a 650D, I finally upgraded to the 500D SE. Got it in today, and I gotta say, it is FREAKIN GORGEOUS! Im in the process of transplanting my PC into it now.

I do agree with what some other people were saying. I'd really like to have seen the added RGB Corsair logo on the PSU shroud like the one they added to the 570x Mirror Black. Not sure why they didn't think to include that. I think it was smart on their part to ditch the curved glass panel on front. More cost-effective, and instead the curve comes from the really thick and sleek-looking door handles.

I just wish that they would have passed on a little of that savings in design change onto their customers! Maybe by including a rear exhaust LL120 just to complete the package and make the case feel like its completely ready to go right out of the box. Ive never spent this much money on a case before, Im on a fairly tight budget (it was difficult to make this purchase happen)and now I have to go spend another $30+ just to pick up a matching exhaust fan! Ack! Lol.

Still, the case is stunning! Im enjoying the build so far. After using an Obsidian series case for so many years, this one really felt like the right choice of upgrade for me..

Please could you share some picks ? im waiting to buy it in Spain. thx!

Well here in Finland there is not even one single piece in stores or webstores. I got one ordered couple weeks ago and store stated that they are going to get it this week but no it looks like it is going to take a lot longer now because they removed the estimated delivery time.. Sucks.

Need help please.

I just finished with my built and somehow the left side panel won't close

I tried reducing the bundling of my cables so that they don't get too bulky but still no dice.

Also tried restoring commander pro back to the psu area (previously I attach them to the ssd mounting). Same.

The magnet on both doorworks fine, and the closing mechanism also works fine when I started building.

Need help please.

I just finished with my built and somehow the left side panel won't close

I tried reducing the bundling of my cables so that they don't get too bulky but still no dice.

Also tried restoring commander pro back to the psu area (previously I attach them to the ssd mounting). Same.

The magnet on both doorworks fine, and the closing mechanism also works fine when I started building.

I had issue to begin with, but fixed it by zip tie'ing my 8pin cpu to the case. Can you show me some images of the back, and also some side images. ?

I had issue to begin with, but fixed it by zip tie'ing my 8pin cpu to the case. Can you show me some images of the back, and also some side images. ?

thanks for the reply.

thankfully, i managed to get them closed by separating psu cables (atx, cpu, and gpu) through different route

the psu cables (default cable of hxi) is so stiff and bulky/wide i wonder if it would make a difference if i swap them with the sleeved one? as of now, the tied up cables is far to big for the cable's shroud.

thanks for the reply.

thankfully, i managed to get them closed by separating psu cables (atx, cpu, and gpu) through different route

the psu cables (default cable of hxi) is so stiff and bulky/wide i wonder if it would make a difference if i swap them with the sleeved one? as of now, the tied up cables is far to big for the cable's shroud.

I have the RMX and the cables are okay there. It helps that it is full modular. This is a bad image, but it gives an idea about my cable management. Can't really get a better image without moving the case.

6r0k7vm.jpg

Edited by MikeyR
resized image

hi!, i ordered corsair 500d se rgb, and I'm worried about move commander pro, tu put him on back panel. Any trick to unstick it? thx

I was careful and basically just took my fingers and started to put force under it by moving it up. I didn't pull very hard, just constant force and after half a minute it went loose. If you have a plastic spatel or something, you can use that to stick it under at help it.

I was careful and basically just took my fingers and started to put force under it by moving it up. I didn't pull very hard, just constant force and after half a minute it went loose. If you have a plastic spatel or something, you can use that to stick it under at help it.

ok thanks!

hi!, i ordered corsair 500d se rgb, and I'm worried about move commander pro, tu put him on back panel. Any trick to unstick it? thx

Hair dryer to heat the adhesive. Do not just blow it at one spot on the unit, just go back and forth so that you don't heat any one spot too much. It should be relatively easy to pry away.

When I can land a good deal on the SE RGB I'm going to use a heat gun to re-locate the lighting node and commander pro.

Edited by Dajinn

I have the RMX and the cables are okay there. It helps that it is full modular. This is a bad image, but it gives an idea about my cable management. Can't really get a better image without moving the case.

6r0k7vm.jpg

this is me

as you can see, the main routing is quite bulky. this is as far i can muster to get the door closed perfectly

i had to move c.pro upfront to lessen the pressure on that.

P1000058.thumb.jpg.c1502ebf18be8cd87f48b7c965bd4a0d.jpg

I finally have some pics I can share of my 500D SE RGB, jus got everything in today and finished putting it all together. Still need to clean up the wiring a bit more, but I didn't want to go all out on cable management yet in case I needed to change any wiring once I got everything running and started messing around in iCue.

Some people asked me to share pics a while back, so here they are! (if this works properly lol. Ive actually never shared pics on here yet!)

https://i.imgur.com/XtwohRB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xJtfjWX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EkX7sJP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WKdZD0N.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oleFrvQ.jpg

Edited by Technobeard
changed to links - pics too big

Wowie! My pics came out HUGE on here ��! Sorry bout that. First time posting pics on here. ��

Yeah I wish this forum would autoresize the images, but when opening them in a new tab it is perfect. Great build! I'm jealous that you can utilize the harddrive area for your CoPro and Hub, unfortunately I'm a storage hoarder, so I filled all my SSD and harddrive area out. My cable management is not as clean as yours! Well done ;):