Corsair Community

LL120 and LL140 RGB problems

AussieBogan

I have the corsairs ll fans 1 120mm and 2 140mm in my pc and there where amazing at start until august came a long with icue 3.18.

in my RBG hub it goes 1 120mm and the 140mms are 2 and 3

my 140mms rgbs are dead and my 120mm half of its dead I know when one fail the ones next in the line fail too so moved the fan my 120 to the back and move the 140 up on my rgb hub so now my 140mms rgbs works

so now 1 140mm 2 140mm 3 120mm in the rgb hub

And it works and fully response at this stage I do a roll back to icue 3.17 and after 3 hours the 120mm came back to life now all my fans work which is amazing

but after a week I notice that my fans rgbs started to get stuck when I played games like either they freeze or flicked on and off there fine when in idle or when I play non pc demanding games there fine no flicker or glitching just fine

I am not sure what to do or do I just wait for a fix which will never come

I love corsair and the product but dam. great looking products when they work but terrible software that runs them I now the software is new but I have to turn my fans rgbs off when i play games which I am fine with just wish I didn't have too.

I am on icue 3.17.94 and my lightning node pro firmware is 0.10.4

1.thumb.jpg.79986662b341c994fc417ccbbd731994.jpg

667892191_IMG201908021703502305843009219714672.thumb.jpg.1e70f744337cacd02275769b5d372ae0.jpg

I don't think that the issue is with the software. What it sounds like is you have an intermittent connection dropping out on one of the fans. As the fans operate in series, one bad connection on one fan will take out everything "past" it on the Fan Hub.

Try rearranging the fans. Put the first fan that has the issue at the end.

I don't think that the issue is with the software. What it sounds like is you have an intermittent connection dropping out on one of the fans. As the fans operate in series, one bad connection on one fan will take out everything "past" it on the Fan Hub.

Try rearranging the fans. Put the first fan that has the issue at the end.

I have done this before as my 120ll only half of the rgbs work so I did move it to the back and moved my 140s up so it work the picture our a before I did that to after so it worked

The only problem is that it’s happening with my 140 fans now the first one in line in the hub flickers one led causing the second in line to do the same and that one gets stuck off and freezes the fans rgbs and the next one so when I change profiles it stays but the first fans rgb the one the starts the flickering goes back to normal after a restart of icue

But it only happen if I play a game it’s like they lag behind and get stuck the start getting stuck for a second then going back to normal then continues doing the same until one of the leds goes dead then I stop playing the game i do a icue restart and after 10mins there fine all fans rgbs working

So from what I can see is that the fan that’s first in the rgb hub starts the problem flicking leds off and on either half of the fan or just one led causing the second 140 to do the same the last fans is fine just stuck due to the 140s But the first fan that caused the problem is fine as soon a restart of icue it’s the second one that gets stuck and I have to wait 10 mins to fix its self

That’s why I believe it to be software as they work fine until I play a game like rainbow six or rust but what’s weird even if i turns the fans of like no lightning setting are set so the fans rgbs are off if I switch to a profile where there on after playing a game with them off they still do the exact same thing like one leds is dead causing it to be stuck and after a restart of icue and 10mins it fine so it could be software or a broken rgb hub

Question for you - which RGB Memory do you have? And is "Enable Software Control" checked in the Settings? If so ... uncheck it.

I have corsair vengeance rgb pro 16gb 3000hz and yes it was enabled i have disabled it what is the reason for me to disable it

and should I update to 3.20?

Edited by AussieBogan

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have struggled with flickering LL120 fans almost a year now and have had at least 3 or 4 tickets to Corsair about this problem. I have almost swapped all the parts without any solution. My problem starts when the temperature increase inside the chassi during game play or benchmark testing.

Finally I think I have fixed the problem. Corsair sent me a new version of the Lightning Node Pro (Lighting Node Core). The RGB Hub are integrated in the node and now it’s just one unit that controls all the fans and RGB’s. With this new unit it was much more easy to isolate the problem since it occurs more frequently. It is almost for sure one of the 6 fans that are faulty and that fan has never changed colors before with the old Lighting Node Pro unit. It was fan number 6 in the chain of 6 that where broken but fan number 3 where also flickering together with number 6. When I changed places of the two flickering fans it was only number 3 that changed colors so I have now sent that one back to Corsair.

The quality of the fans seems to be pretty bad and I have had one fan replaced by Corsair before. This flickering also seems to appear just when the temperature get high enough and stops when the temperature decrease again.

Edit: I have now replaced another fan that I thought was faulty but now two new fans start to behave weird. I have now replaced two fans out of six, one RGB Lighting Node and one fan hub but the problem is still there. New fans that have worked before are now flickering. I will never ever more buy any kind of RGB products from Corsair.

Edited by Aqua_HeaD