Corsair Community

K65 LUX Boot Up Lighting

Gavrev

Hi peeps,

I bought a K65 LUX at the weekend and have been playing with the profile settings, creating and deleting a couple, as you do.. Somewhere along the line the keyboard seems to have lost its boot up, factory base white/red key illumination and instead adopted one of the deleted profiles I created for it's initial setting. It remains this way until Windows 10 has booted and the CUE 2 software (v2.24.50) comes into play, at which point the basic profile I created applies and all is right with the world again.

Two questions spring to mind I suppose:

- is this a normal byproduct of the way the K65 LUX works, or can anyone suggest what might have happened to create this scenario?

- How might this be undone? I read on another thread that the K70 could be factory reset by unplugging the USB, holding the ESC key down, reattaching the USB and releasing the ESC key after a few seconds. Is this a standard reset practice across the range, or at least would this be applicable to the K65 LUX as well? Might I need to uninstall/reinstall the CUE software around this?

Thanks! :biggrin:

** ADDITIONAL ** Having looked at a tutorial it's possible that I may have clicked on "Save Static Lighting and Performance to Device" whilst playing.. the tutorial seems to mention it as a facility for another keyboard, but would this also commit something to the keyboard's internal in such a fashion? If so how might you go about getting rid of such a save?

For the first time ever I seem to have answered my own issue on the forum - a simple reset using the aforementioned ESC key process did the trick. Thank you to everyone who at least took a peek at my question!

Back to enjoying the new hardware :)

Sorry I didn't a chance to help. You're keyboard has memory for some static lighting, which is done through saving in CUE. You can perform the ESC reset and it'll clear the internal memory for you.

No probs! Thanks Mint! I did take a guess that the ESC reset might be a ubiquitous thing. As it happens it did indeed work.:D:

If looks like you can affect the keyboard, store these things local to the hardware and still delete that profile from the CUE software, right?

Thanks for popping on!

• Corsair Employee

You'll have two different sets of profiles, hardware vs software. Hardware ones are saved onto the onboard memory, they'll have a memory card icon in CUE, you'll have the option of saving to the device. These will only be active when the CUE software isn't running or communicating with the keyboard

For software profiles, they'll have a Corsair logo. These are only active when the software is running and communicating with the keyboard.

You'll have two different sets of profiles, hardware vs software. Hardware ones are saved onto the onboard memory, they'll have a memory card icon in CUE, you'll have the option of saving to the device. These will only be active when the CUE software isn't running or communicating with the keyboard

For software profiles, they'll have a Corsair logo. These are only active when the software is running and communicating with the keyboard.

Yeah I did think that might be the case, but thus far any profiles I've created remain with the corsair logo irrespective of their software or baked in status. Maybe that's a quirk in the new CUE 2 software? I'll check it out again but I'm pretty certain that's the case. To be honest I never expected it to have the ability to bake an image into the keyboard like that, hence it throwing me in the first place! :D:

Archived