Corsair Community

I need advice on cooling with a 220T Airflow Tempered Glass case

polarvoid

I've been looking to build a PC for a while now, but it'll be a while before I get the money to do so.

Although that's the case, I've been browsing cases and found the 220T Airflow Tempered Glass. While looking at its fan/radiator capacity and fan RGB effects, I saw you could put 6 fans in.

I was wondering if 4 fans and a radiator or 6 fans would be better? No need to urgently message, but a reply would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Usual answer is "It depends" - and in this case I think the question is how are you planning your cooling?

You can go with plain old air, there are some very good straight air coolers now and if you aren't planning a high spec CPU or GPU or heavy overclocking then air would be fine and you wouldn't need a radiator.

You can step up from air and go for an AIO (combined radiator and fans). Corsair have some really nice choices. This will give you more cooling ability than just air will.

Or you can go the whole hog and build a custom cooling loop which will give you the best option for getting things as cold as possible, but will be a more involved (some would say "fun" build).

Plenty to think about while the money dribbles in !!