Corsair Community

Please help

Matthew99

So today 10/25 I got the h100i h115i rgb platinum. I hooked everything up and it took me forever because I'm new to all all.this turn it on all the fans work but its not.cooling my stem.down at all. It made like a spark noise and I could smell something and it never lite up. The fans on top where I mounted it still work . I've tried tightening all the cables back up.and everything. Wondering if maybe the power cored is bad that plugs into it?

UPDATE: Somehow got the PUMP to work but No Colors on the Pump itsself, Fans are running VERY slow also icue wont pick it up. Ive tried 5 differnt Wires

Edited by Matthew99

It would be normal for the fans to run slow unless the coolant temperature is highly elevated (problem with the cooler or lots of internal case heat). It's hard to say more than that without actual temperature data.

Have you installed the CUE software necessary to control the cooler? The current version is 3.35. https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads

Sparks and bad smells are a clear danger sign, cooler or something else. Are you using any kind of adapter (like molex to SATA) to connect the cooler? Or is it directly connected to a PSU multi-SATA cable?

I got Everything running but ive spent about 6 hours on Forms and i cant for the life for me 1) Get the RGB to light up on the PUMP and 2) cant get IQUE to Recognize the Device.

I honestly think A) the power cord is Bad but ive tried 5 different Cords and it Dont work

B) It fried and i need a New 1.

To answer your Question, I have all the IQUE stuff i need. All updated. Ive tried Downloading Consair LINK app to see if that work and its showing i Have a H80iGT liquid cooloer (thats wrong) and its saying its being controlled by IQUE but its not picking it up.

I also have installed USBDeview and its not showing it being picked up by USB at all but is showing my Corsair Keyboard.

I also Have that connected to Only place it would Connect, i Unpluged it and try it on Differnt ports but it has to be working because when i unplug it my Fans turn off {Sata Cable}

Everything is working other think the Lights and the IQUE.

I literally just got this thing Yesterday. And im about to make a Hour Drive tom to Return it to BestBuy To exchange it.

Its working but i didnt pay all this money to have it HalfASS work unless i can find somekind of Fix

Edited by Matthew99

The Corsair Link program was replaced with CUE 3 two and half years ago. It won't recognize any products released since then. You need to use CUE.

"Detection" of the cooler is through the USB 2 cable from the pump to internal MB USB 2 port. Some motherboards have difficulty picking up certain products with the x570 series being the most common. You haven't provided any hardware information, so I don't know if this applies to you or not.

Fan power is 12v, but lighting power is 5v. The presence of one does not guarantee the other and there seems to be reason to suspect of your power delivery situation if you are getting sparks and burning. "The only place it would connect" is not overly descriptive.

The Corsair Link program was replaced with CUE 3 two and half years ago. It won't recognize any products released since then. You need to use CUE.

"Detection" of the cooler is through the USB 2 cable from the pump to internal MB USB 2 port. Some motherboards have difficulty picking up certain products with the x570 series being the most common. You haven't provided any hardware information, so I don't know if this applies to you or not.

Fan power is 12v, but lighting power is 5v. The presence of one does not guarantee the other and there seems to be reason to suspect of your power delivery situation if you are getting sparks and burning. "The only place it would connect" is not overly descriptive.

I ended up returning that and got the H00i elite. I hooked everything up and the rbg lights where working and now are flashing red. The temps are staying cool around 32-33. But sometime go really high.

Ita crashing my computer sometimes im not sure if this is because I cant get it to connect to ICUE and it has a firmware update.

I have the Z390 ace motherboard. 9990k processor with a 750 consair power block.

My motherboard has 2 2.0 USB and 1 USB 3.1

I've tried both 2.0 USB slots to see if I could get it connect to Icue and im getting nothing

The flashing red thing has been coming up on the Elite coolers. They have an automatic shutdown notification that triggers if the coolant hits 70C (H100i Temp). However, it seems to trigger on install for a lot of people. If you go to the Notifications tab on the AIO/Commander Core tab, you should have an option to dismiss it. You also can delete the shutdown command. However, we first need to get the cooler recognized.

Z390 boards don't normally have a problem recognizing devices. You need to connect the USB 2 internal (9 pin) from the Commander Core to either of your internal USB 2 ports at the bottom of the motherboard. You also must connect that special wide cable from the pump to the Commander Core. That's how the AIO communicates back to the system. There is a little white mark to help insert the plug the right way. You may get a firmware update option once the cooler is connected (it likely will force you to on 3.35), however this should not keep the cooler from functioning in the meantime. You will not be able to set the lighting, change fans, etc. until you do the firmware update.

Can you add more to the 'crashing the computer' part? Do you mean the CPU temp is going too high and forcing a shutdown? Do you mean the operating system is getting a blue screen error and forcing restart? The CUE app crashes?

The flashing red thing has been coming up on the Elite coolers. They have an automatic shutdown notification that triggers if the coolant hits 70C (H100i Temp). However, it seems to trigger on install for a lot of people. If you go to the Notifications tab on the AIO/Commander Core tab, you should have an option to dismiss it. You also can delete the shutdown command. However, we first need to get the cooler recognized.

Z390 boards don't normally have a problem recognizing devices. You need to connect the USB 2 internal (9 pin) from the Commander Core to either of your internal USB 2 ports at the bottom of the motherboard. You also must connect that special wide cable from the pump to the Commander Core. That's how the AIO communicates back to the system. There is a little white mark to help insert the plug the right way. You may get a firmware update option once the cooler is connected (it likely will force you to on 3.35), however this should not keep the cooler from functioning in the meantime. You will not be able to set the lighting, change fans, etc. until you do the firmware update.

Can you add more to the 'crashing the computer' part? Do you mean the CPU temp is going too high and forcing a shutdown? Do you mean the operating system is getting a blue screen error and forcing restart? The CUE app crashes?

Im about 1000% sure i have it connected right. I have the Hub set up also connected it to BOTH my usb 2.0 slots and im Unable to get ICUE to recognize it for some reason.

This is my big thing i need help with. i CANNOT get it to connect to my ICUE at all. Ive tried BOTh usb 2.0 i have to connect it. I know for a fact my SATA cable is working right.

dont Belive my usb ports are bad at all. im unsure what to do.

IF i could get iCUE to connect to the pump i should be set.

( yes its still flashing red )