Corsair Community

Issues with new M95

I recently purchased a new M95 and whilst I have been very impressed by the positioning of the buttons and the overall build of the mouse, there are a fair few nagging faults that I thought I'd bring up to see if it's a fault with my mouse or with the product line itself.

Firstly, the mouse does not rest flat on a mouse mat or desk, making it easy to tilt left and right during use. This has the unfortunate side effect of moving the mouse cursor, often at the worst possible time.

Secondly, despite using the mouse on several surfaces I have had consistent issues where the mouse refuses to move fluidly, instead appearing to move in short jumps at times.

Although I've heard that the M95 has improved buttons over the M90, I've still had a few issues regarding the buttons 7, 8 and 12. Button 7 and 8 (defaults to forward and back) are very wobbly, button 11 and 14 also have this, but it's less noticeable due to their placement. Button 12 seems to lack any feedback, and feels oddly dull when pressed.

The mouse that the M95 is replacing is a CM Storm Inferno, the computer runs win 7 64 bit and the mouse is connected into one of the motherboard usb slots. I installed the latest firmware to the mouse but I'll attempt to update it again to be sure. I'll also test the mouse on a different computer, hopefully with the same surface as a comparison.

I'd appreciate it immensely if people could respond with whether or not they also have these issues, along with any known fixes for the lack of fluid mouse movement. I can deal with the buttons, but the sensor and side-to-side tilting are making the mouse unwieldy to use.

The problem being the lift pads would make a lot of sense, perhaps over time they'll flatten out a bit.

I've tried adjusting the lift height but that hasn't changed the sensor problems in the slightest.

EDIT:

In addition to this, after testing the mouse on another computer moving the M95 to the left or right causes it to move upwards at an angle, similarly to angle snapping except only along a specific line. FPS is now impossible. Disabling and re-enabling angle snapping does nothing.

I've tested it on two cloth mousepads and several wooden desks, there was no difference between them.

I did try using the mouse on a different computer, I didn't notice any change but was unable to play the game I normally use for testing.

The more serious issue is that angle snapping (or something that looks like it) is now causing the mouse to angle up or down, as if following a line at about 15º to the horizontal.

This started when I moved the mouse back to the first computer, angle snapping was disabled (I did try re-disabling it), other mice don't seem to exhibit this glitch. It only wants to snap to a single line, unlike angle snapping where I'd expect multiple lines.

I did reflash the firmware prior to the angle snapping issue, and whilst I'm sure it would fix the snapping I know that re-flashing won't fix the sensor issues.

I'm trying to get it returned, but it's difficult to contact the seller. Hopefully they reply before the return date expires.

Thank you for all of the help and suggestions

Archived