Corsair Community

3 ML and 9 LL fan help

Ryan3094

I'm currently building my first desktop and want to use 9 120 LL RGB fans and 3 120 ML fans that come on the H150i aio. Can anyone recommend what parts I need or show a diagram to complete my set up? I want to be able to control all the rgb and fan speeds the Corsair software if possible. I'm completely new to pc so thank you in advance and any help is appreciated

This is exactly the configuration I'm running into my LianLi case.

The 3 ML from the AIO are to be plugged in the AIO itself, then you can control them via Icue, nothing more is needed here.

For controlling the other 9 RGB fans I suggest you to pick up a Commander Pro and 2 RGB Hubs. RGB Hubs come with 3 pack fans, but if you buy 3 packs you'll have one RGB Hub useless, so look for 2 3-packs and 3 single fans.

Each RGB fan comes with 2 cables, 1 for RGB control and 1 for RPM control. The RGB cable is to be plugged into RGB Hub (6 ports each), then there is a cable from the Hub to the CoPro (LED port). The RPM cable plugs into the CoPro, but it has only 6 ports, so you have to pick 3 Y splitters. I'm using Noctua NA-SYC1 and they work for sure. Avoid 3 ways splitters.

Each part (both CoPro and RGB Hub) have a SATA power connector to be matched with a cable from your PSU. The CoPro has also an USB cable to be plugged into an USB 2.0 header of your mobo (avoid USB splitters or hubs and plug directly into the mobo, otherwise you may run into troubles).

IMHO this configuration has just 2 limits... firstly Corsair suggests not to plug more than 9 fans to the CoPro, so you are not going to put another fan in your system, unless you buy a second CoPro. Secondly you can't use any RGB led strip, otherwise another CoPro is needed, as it has only 2 LED ports and thery are both used for the RGB Hubs.

Good work!

Baio