Corsair Community

Cmx512-2700llpt

PaulZ

Hi, I currently have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard / AMD 2500+ Barton / 512k RAM (Corsair CMX 512-2700LLPT). I am looking to upgrade my total memory to 1 Gig and was wondering what Corsair memory currently available would best match up with the CMX 512-2700LLPT I currently have.

It doesn't appear that Corsair still makes that exact memory, or if they do, I have had a tough time finding it. I want to be sure to match up my memory sticks so I can run them dual channel with as few problems as possible and have been pretty confused at the selection of RAM available, given my current stick.

According to my BIOS, my memory is running at the following settings using [Optimal] memory timing:

SDRAM Active Percentage Delay - 4

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay - 2

SDRAM RAS Pecentage Delay - 2

SDRAM CAS Latency - 2

Can you please give me some advice as to what memory you currently produce that best matches my current stick to let me run 1 Gig (2 - 512 sticks) in dual channel ? I have been reluctant to make a purchase fearing a potential mismatch of some sort.

Thank you !

-Paul

• Corsair Employee

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T

Then test the module/modules one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Hmm, sorry but I think you misread my first post. I do not currently have any problems with my memory.

I was asking about adding additional memory that will be compatible with the stick I currently have, which Corsair no longer seems to make as far as I can tell.

What model of Corsair memory will best run in dual channel with the Corsair CMX 512-2700LLPT stick I already have with my current system?

Thanks again.

• Corsair Employee

Oh yes I am sorry.

XMS2700LL is no longer available, it would be best to replace what you have now with one Twinx1024-3200XL set of modules if you need 1.0 Gig of memory or if you need 2 gig I would suggest Twinx2048-3200C2.

Archived