Corsair Community

Corsair Strafe (CH-9000121) advice

chrismc

My Sons Strafe spacebar has been "shoogly" (unsteady) for a few weeks and he's been complaining that he wants a new keyboard. I lifted it off using the key picker to inspect and was just wondering if the Stabilizer is broken or is it just the spacebar supports at either side as it looks like a small piece of plastic has fractured off

Pictures attached

https://imgur.com/a/1Cz7aMp

will a new spacebar be enough

Thanks for your time

So do you think buying a replacement spacebar from ebay would solve the issue ?

reading about the forum when people broke their stabilizers it seems like an RMA , would the replacement key come with the mounts attached ?

Edited by chrismc

in the end up using needle nosed pliers and removing both the plus sign notches from thee space bar, used a toothpick to lift the metal stabalizer at a 45 - 60 degree angle and slotted the support mounts back into the small notch

Works pretty well now I believe . Can't say if its good as new but registers each press and doesn't wobble ( Audibly louder but seems to be quite common for the space bar )

Pretty poor design Though , was hard work releasing the two side mounts with pliers , Can't imagine in this instance the removal of the spacebar could do anything bar loosen them from the stabalizers .