Corsair Community

Strafe recovery firmware (CRP_Disabled folder / hard reset) needed

Sh4rk

Hi all,

Does anyone have a copy of the recovery firmware for the Strafe keyboard (CH-9000088-UK)?

Keyboard started flashing constantly and being unrecognised by Windows so tried a soft then hard reset as below;

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025465031-Keyboard-Reset

Already submitted a ticket on Monday and nothing but an automated reply so far which is frustrating for such a simple request.

Thanks!

Genuine question, is Corsair Support usually this bad?

Don't get me wrong, my previous experience of getting items replaced under warranty has been first class. But coming up to a week after submitting a ticket to get a firmware file for a keyboard is pretty awful service. No troubleshooting required on their part.

Premium prices, bargain basement service which is disappointing.

I'm not sure what is going on behind the scenes. They're usually quite responsive, but they did some system update, and poof!

Definitely poof!

I've ended up buying the equivalent keyboard from competing brand now and we'll see if they ever reply to the open ticket but not holding my breath.

I understand your choice. So far my K63 Wireless and Dark Core are doing well and behaving, after I've beaten iCUE into submission and learned it's ways and pitfalls. :)

Awaiting arrival of an Ironclaw Wireless. (I like the button layout) USPS is being butt slow today.

I understand your choice. So far my K63 Wireless and Dark Core are doing well and behaving, after I've beaten iCUE into submission and learned it's ways and pitfalls. :)

Awaiting arrival of an Ironclaw Wireless. (I like the button layout) USPS is being butt slow today.

Sounds good and hopefully all arrived safely.

I was split between an K95 keyboard to replace this Strafe while i waited for support to spring into life or another brand. I have no faith in them now so opted for a HyperX Alloy FPS. Pretty much the same as the Stafe but slimmer and a detachable cable.

I did transfer my grey WSAD keys from the Corsair though because i like how they are shaped.

• 3 months later...
Data recovery software is the best way to getting lost files back, the same as recover deleted video. On the internet, you can find a list of best data recovery software like video recover software from Diskinternals. Some are paid and some are free. Each Data recovery software has its own unique features with different compatibility and performance. You can try tools according to needs but choosing the best one is very difficult. Edited by Wesj3