Corsair Community

Trying to restore my settings after OS install... not working

otosnede

On Windows 10 Pro (fully up-to-date), have a K65 RGB keyboard and an M65 Pro RGB mouse (both with up-to-date firmware)... prior to reinstalling my OS, I copied the entire CUE folder from %appdata%\Corsair\CUE and after I was back up and running, put the folder back where it belongs. My thinking was "great, now the CUE software will bring back all my settings, profiles, etc.", but it's not. I'm noticing that when the CUE software launches and I watch the %appdata%\Corsair\CUE\profiles folder, I can see my previous {xxxxxx}.cueprofiledata file, but then the software immediately creates a NEW cueprofiledata file with a new, unique number and all my previous settings and all that are gone and the keyboard and mouse are using the vanilla default settings. I tried letting it generate a new profile, quit the CUE software, copied the name of the new profile, pasted it to my old one, deleted the new thinking it would just use it because it just named the new file that name, but not even that worked... I'm still on default settings.

Is there any way to make CUE just use my old cueprofiledata file so it uses all the other stuff in the CUE folder that was related to that profile?

Thanks

Figured it out... I used the same CUE installer for both pre and post OS re-install BUT before I did the OS re-install, CUE had been updated once from the original install... AFTER I did the re-install, CUE was then seeing my backed up folder/settings as invalid or something because of the CUE software version mismatch, so it was creating a new profile and settings... once I updated CUE to the current verison, I was able to then delete everything it created, copy over my original backup set in there and everything was as it was before the OS re-install

Archived