Corsair Community

Delayed Rapid Fire

Itseotle

Hello! I recently moved to a new computer from my old one and I forgot to backup my K95 settings. I am trying to re-create a macro I had on my Numpad_0 key which when pressed would execute a normal key press but if held after a short delay (about 150ms) would spam the key until released. I've spent the last 4 hours trying to reproduce this macro and even reverted to CUE1 but to no avail.

From what I can tell, in CUE2 you have the ability to chain a macro on key press or key release, but it only seems to work on key release. Am I doing something wrong? Any tips would be appreciated!

So this Action that you're describing could be Macro - Action Repeat Continuously. In advanced mode (switch on the right of the top bar), create your macro and then one of the clickable buttons is a Wrench and Screwdriver option that will open up your Advanced Settings. It sounds like you want the Action Trigger to be set to "While Pressed", and your Action Repeat to "Repeat Continuously".

Yea that's what I've been trying. First macro is input Numpad_0, delay for 150ms. Its set in the advanced settings to, when pressed, execute macro 2. Macro 2 is, while pressed, input Numpad_0 with a 15ms delay. Both macros work independendly from one another, but don't seem to chain. Strangely macro 2 will execute on key release, one time when its set this way.

I think it should just be an issue of trying to press the same button twice through Windows. For example, Windows sees each macro as Press Numpad_0 and Release Numpad_0. If you have a macros that overlap, the directions will get in the way of each other. There could be a workaround with something like Remap Key or using the other 0 input.

I figured that might be the case as well, so while testing I changed my macro to input Numpad_5 instead of 0 until I at least got that to work. Heres what I have.

azUtYZ3.jpg

t3QHbch.jpg

The result is that I get one keypress as expected, but then nothing until I release the key, even though its set to "while pressed".

EDIT: checking and unchecking "retain original key output" doesn't seem to have any effect on the macro, but while checked windows does register the key as being held down for typing purposes.

Archived