Corsair Community

Binding Left Mouse button

:D finally after months of annoyance, I got upset enough to enter the corsair files and found where each button is defined, tinkered around until I got Left click able to be remapped, imagine it would apply to other corsair models as well.

1. go to : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\devices"

2. open the xml of your device in notepad, for me "profile_scimitar.xml"

3. near the bottom is the line

<protectedKeys size="dynamic">
<item>Mouse1</item>
</protectedKeys>

4. remove the line Mouse1 to create

<protectedKeys size="dynamic">
<item></item>
</protectedKeys>

Untitled.thumb.png.1157f1b84fb2cb6908406636ad670896.png

• Like 1

Couple different macros that are common with this one fps game A.v.a. After firing the sniper rifle, if you switch to knife, back to the rifle and zoom in. it shortens the delay before firing a follow up shot.. bit of a cheat. Also every rifle requires a slightly different amount of time, so I have half of the scimitars 12 side buttons set to change the profile to the correct left click macro for whichever rifle. Posted about it in the cue suggestion thread a month or so ago.

• Corsair Employees
The issue with, and why I didn't make left click bindable, is if someone misclicks the area on the mouse, you wont be able to do anything since left click on the mouse will no longer exist. I got some suggestions to prevent this from happening but Im not sure how many people will bind left click in comparison to the amount of work Id need to do. For now though, I'll keep an eye on this. I am glad you were able to find a resolution though.

• 1 month later...
The issue with, and why I didn't make left click bindable, is if someone misclicks the area on the mouse, you wont be able to do anything since left click on the mouse will no longer exist. I got some suggestions to prevent this from happening but Im not sure how many people will bind left click in comparison to the amount of work Id need to do. For now though, I'll keep an eye on this. I am glad you were able to find a resolution though.

I think establishing support for the workaround is sufficient for all advanced usage; you could create a support article documenting the workaround and give the necessary warnings about why it is not advised to completely lose the left click functionality and should ensure that the user binds this to some other area.

I believe that it is very important to support the left mouse button's rebinding, not least of which is that it is a major use case to swap the left and right mouse button functionality!

• 3 weeks later...
Just bought an m65 pro rgb mouse and was looking for a way to make changes and apply macros to the left click. I almost gave up and took this back to Best Buy. Yes I could use AutoHotkey but the CUE macro creator is pretty dang good. The mouse fits my hand great so I don't know yet. Anyway thanks to OP for this nugget of information.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'll sticky this so people can use it at their own risk.

When i try to edit the file and remove the "Mouse1" texts i get the "You don't have permission to open this file" message.

I've gone into the properties of the file and added in read and write privileges but it doesn't seem to work.

• 4 weeks later...
When i try to edit the file and remove the "Mouse1" texts i get the "You don't have permission to open this file" message.

I've gone into the properties of the file and added in read and write privileges but it doesn't seem to work.

I had the same message.

Copy the file to the desktop.

Make a backup :sunglasse

Modify the file

Replaces the original file

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
when i follow this guide, left click is still not able to be remapped, am i doing something wrong?

you need to be sure you are in the right xml file in that folder. if you have an m65 or whatever it needs to be the same. You need to likely take ownership of the file first, depending on your GP or NTFS settings. Then you do what he said and save the file, reboot cue. Now you can overload the Left click.

That said, it is super dangerous, i just tested it and had to hard reset three times before i thought to create a little ahk script (keyboard only) that did a mouse click

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'll sticky this so people can use it at their own risk.

I found this thread while trying to also do stuff with left click, but the issue I have (which I can see is why it was disabled in the first place) is that it disables the ability to click on anything.

What I have been trying to set up is simply different lighting effects for the left click and the right click, such as red pulse for left click and blue pulse for right click (no fancy macros or anything, just wanted to try and make fun lights happen for when I'm playing FPS games), and I can easily get it to profile switch into and out of those effects when I click, but then I lose the ability to actually use the mouse for anything other than switching profiles, if that makes sense. I know iCUE has the option to retain the key press, so it works exactly how I want it to, but then iCUE can't be modified to allow the left mouse to be used for anything.

I'm still pretty new to learning how CUE works so if there's a way to make the profile switch retain the key press like iCUE can, and I'm just not aware of it, then that would be the easiest solution. Otherwise, I guess I will have to wait for iCUE to allow it (if it ever does).

**EDIT** I completely missed that icon in CUE where the 'retain key output' option is. So I'm all good for now.

Edited by Samage

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone found a way yet in iCUE?

I would prefer to use iCUE instead of the old CUE, but no such xml file exists in iCUE.

I found a way, but it is very janky and volatile. After it is bound it can reset if you try to make changes to it. if you try to click on the macro in icue, it will unbind it.

TLDNR - Make a macro, bind it to a mouse button. Go to users/appdata/roaming/corsair/CUE/profiles , Find your cueprofile. change the button you bound, to Mouse1.

For safety: Rebind one of your dpi keys or sniper button or forward/back buttons to act as your left mouse button. I also make one of my keyboard media keys backups for all the mouse buttons. Or make a profile switching action that goes to another profile.

Then.

Make the Macro you want to take the place of the left mouse button.

Bind it to your middle mouse button.

Export your profile somewhere and open it up.

Find the ID of your profile.

Close icue.

Now find the .cueprofile in users/yourusername/appdata/roaming/corsair/CUE/profiles

open it up, ctrl+f search for the name of the macro you made. It should be in one <first> branches of the <value#> branches under <Actions>. Inside the <second> branch, you should see:

<first>Mouse3</first>

<second>Click</second>

change the Mouse3 to Mouse1. Save it

-<cereal>

-----<value0>

---------<profile>

---------<name>Your ProfileName</name>

---------<id>{63f8eRandom01-stuff1-b774-56dfds501638}</id>

--------------<properties size="dynamic">

++++++++++++++<value0>

-------------------<value1>

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . <key>Mouse</key>

----------------------------<value>

--------------------------------<properties size="dynamic">

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++<value0>

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++<value1>

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++<value2>

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++<value3>

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++<polymorphic_id>random#'s</polymorphic_id>

----------------------------------------------<polymorphic_name>ActionsProperty</polymorphic_name>

----------------------------------------------<ptr_wrapper>

--------------------------------------------------<data>

--------------------------------------------------<Actions>

-------------------------------------------------------<Value0>

-------------------------------------------------------<Value1>

-------------------------------------------------------<Value2>

-------------------------------------------------------<Value3>

------------------------------------------------------------<first> your macro name should be 3 or 4 layers deep into the <first> fold/branch.

------------------------------------------------------------<second>

------------------------------------------------------------------<first>Mouse3</first> change this to Mouse1

------------------------------------------------------------------<second>Click</second>

------------------------------------------------------------</second>

-------------------------------------------------------</Value3>

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

Im having the same issue, and for me without rebinding the left click this device is not going to suit my needs.

I would like to see the feature available because the box says 8 programmable buttons, not 7.

I think removing the ability to rebind mouse1 should have never been approved as it falsifies every piece of specification and advertisement for not having 8 programmable buttons.

Im not being salty and i dont mean to post twice about this happening but i've been mislead by marketing to buy this product and as a consumer i deserve and have the rights to the product i purchased.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this feature going to be re-added? It seems like it would be straightforward and could done via a hard-to-edit configuration so only people who know what they are doing can enable it.

Without it, this makes iCue useless for anyone who uses the mouse with their left hand. Swapping the mouse buttons via the Windows control panel doesn't work very well as many (but not all) games read the raw mouse buttons which means each game could potentially use either button order. Swapping it using Cue works great.

Edited by DanS88888
Grammar

• 3 weeks later...
They really rely really need to add this feature back my middle finger was lost in a motor bike accident so I use my index finger on left click to aim and shoot in fps shooters and it really helped me play that's why I love this mouse I used a macro retaining left click and aim all on the left click helped me a ton!! and it was perfect for me but now I can't do it, gutted is a understatment

• 3 weeks later...
I found a way, but it is very janky and volatile. After it is bound it can reset if you try to make changes to it. if you try to click on the macro in icue, it will unbind it.

If any of you, like me, would like to rebind Profile Switch, this mouse key button is named "MouseProfileSwitch", use that instead of "Mouse1".

Why not simply hard code it, so that if someone does want to add a macro to the left button, it always has the "retain key output" value set to true? then for the left handers, add a second function that remaps the right button as the primary button, along with the "retain key output" settings. This would permanently resolve the issue that someone ccould just erase their preferred primary click, while still allowing macros and the ability to switch for lefties.

• 2 months later...