Corsair Community

CUE Feature Suggestions

Update: Please see http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=783885&postcount=48

Post any suggestions you might have for CUE here.

Hey there,

so I've been messing around in CUE quite a bit now. It's definitely not as complicated as many made me believe it was. But it leaves much to desire, still.

Here are some suggestions that'd make creating profiles a lot easier and more powerful:

• A layer system:

Like in an Image or Video editor. That way you can put for example a group lighting on top of a single key lighting. The current rulesets apply to each layer individually. There are global groups which apply to all layers and every layer can have its own local groups. The layers themselves can be grouped together as well. Each layer can have its own reactive typing on top of the global one, the layer reactive typing would be prioritised.

• Being able to initiate an action/different lighting once a lighting effect has finished:

Like when you create a macro there is an option for a second action.

• Also make that second action available for every action type and being able to start a lighting effect once an action is finished. That way you can chain an infinite amount of actions and lighting effects together.

• Initiating a lighting effect on other keys with the press of a specific key or group of keys:

This applies (unlike reactive typing) only to a single key or a selected group of keys, which initiates a group or single key lighting on a selected group/key.

• Make the software window and column sizes adjustable:

As it is right now it is very tedious to browse through lots of groups and many actions/lighting effects with longer names.

• Creating profiles for a different keyboard/layout:

Maybe a drop down menu from where you can choose the keyboard (K65/K70/K95) and the layout (US/DE/AZERTY). Unused or not available keys will be ignored when displaying on the actual keyboard. A built in converter would suffice as well.

• Making lighting effects repeat on top of themselves:

For example a ripple: Maybe a checkbox [X] Overlap on repeat, which makes the effect play to the end regardless of how long the effect is set to last. That way, the effect overlaps making smooth and constant multicolor waves and ripples much much easier.

• Static group gradient effect:

A static gradient on a group that doesn't cycle through the colors, instead spans the gradient colors across the selected group of keys.

If you have more suggestions feel free to post them here.

I'm not pushing corsair to implement this, just giving some ideas.

Regards,

Pp

Edited by Powerpuncher

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
An SDK that lets programmers build color support into their apps. This is much more flexible than Lua and can be extended to support many languages. Razer just released their Chroma SDK which I tried out by porting my reverse engineered protocol based K70 RGB visualizer to. It was a cake walk to accomplish, as they provide a few .h header files and a few functions to set an RGB grid to the keyboard. Same idea as what we made for the K70 RGB with the reverse engineering method but a lot less work (at the expense of being rather slow to update and Windows-only). If Corsair does release an SDK it would be nice to be able to also interact with CUE (apply new effects as layers on top of already set effects, for instance). This is a big downside to Razer's SDK, it does not integrate with their software at all. I have a feeling game developers will be adding custom lighting to games soon for Razer users, but I doubt they will do the same with only a community-made reverse engineered SDK for Corsair. Wait around too long and Corsair could lose out on their upper hand in the RGB market.

Here's another suggestion: We need to be able to have an action on a keypress without disabling its normal function, like being able to press Enter to change to another mode so someone can type in-game without having other keys' lighting effects activating.

Yes, yes, yes! I would love to see this. To add to that, I think being able to assign multiple actions/lighting effects to single key would be awesome. For example, pressing Y would cause a mode switch and then would start a macro after the mode switch along with a timer that is synced with a delay in the macro or something like that.

• 1 month later...
Make 16.8 mil color setting part of the mode lighting settings so that it can be changed as needed per light pattern to account for flickering in some lighting scenarios. This would be much better than it being a global setting like it is now.

1. Profile Settings -> Link profile to program - must be multiple programs selection, not only one program.

2. Settings for state Lock keys (Win, Num, etc.) - no change (default), ON, OFF. For example -

Office (default) profile: Windows key lock - OFF, Num lock - ON;

Game profile: Windows key lock - ON, Num lock - OFF;

• 2 weeks later...

Corsair this is indeed a great keyboard, but are you in future going to release a fimware flash utility that allows the end user to calibrate the white levels of the keys?

these keyboards really need it, just a small utility with RGB sliders to set white levels of individual keys, then flash the settings to the keyboard so they stay there permanently.

Also adding HDD/SSD activity led function to any key (keys) to the keyboard would be great too.

Edited by Paul S

Corsair this is indeed a great keyboard, but are you in future going to release a fimware flash utility that allows the end user to calibrate the white levels of the keys?

these keyboards really need it, just a small utility with RGB sliders to set white levels of individual keys, then flash the settings to the keyboard so they stay there permanently.

This would be a great tool. The differences in white between different LEDs is slight, but noticeable.

Please keep the feedback coming. I'm making a list now to forward to the dev teams.

Please add the request to lock profiles while process is active when using auto switching. For a gaming keyboard it is "somewhat frustrating" for auto switching to be incompatible with overlays like Overwolf and Steam chat and any other process that may decide to temporarily draw focus from the game process.

This would be a great tool. The differences in white between different LEDs is slight, but noticeable.

Thanks mate yea i think its a good idea, shouldnt be too hard for corsair to do either really.

We need to sort out the keyboards problems before adding any other features

Just done a quick mockup, something simple like this is all it needs.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21697&stc=1&d=1431173082

854441348_CorsairWLU.jpg.a1debf94618d1174e57658b5e0e59e97.jpg

Edited by Paul S