Corsair Community

Replacing fans on the H150i pro RGB

Shammy1995

Can you replace the fans on the H150i pro RBG with 3x LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan.

If so is this advice-able and would it affect the cooling performance significantly

I plan to overclock my i7 8700k to 5GHz or high depending on silicon lottery

Hi Buddy

Can you replace the fans on the H150i pro RBG with 3x LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan.

Yep you certainly can buddy,. and indeed I have these Fans on my Current H100i v2. and will be on my H150i when I get one...

If so is this advice-able and would it affect the cooling performance significantly

as for performance.. they shouldn't be a problem unless your a Bench marking Demon who has to break world records lol

Edited by Zotty
  • Confused 1

Hi Buddy

Yep you certainly can buddy,. and indeed I have these Fans on my Current H100i v2. and will be on my H150i when I get one...

as for performance.. they shouldn't be a problem unless your a Bench marking Demon who has to break world records lol

do you think the ll fans or the ml fans are better

do you think the ll fans or the ml fans are better

The ML fans definitely have better performance. The LL fans definitely look better.

For quiet ... hmmm ... probably pretty close. Both are very quiet but the ML fans do spin faster.

That said, the LL fans would like be enough ... you might to talking about a difference of 2C (guesstimate) in cooler temperatures ... so from maybe 35 to maybe 37C.

You will be able to run the delid with any fan tooling along at 800 rpm with a very small coolant delta. I am playing around with my H115i Pro and can keep it under 4C with 140mm below 800.

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

hey guys, im running 3 ll120 rgb on my hydro 150i for more than a year now, and i just noticed that of the three fans, two cant go lower than 720 rpm, and one not lower than 670 rpm, even though i set them up to run at 600rpm in icue.

they are connected to the hydro's 3 fan headers. im running a commander pro with more ll140 fans, which are running as set. according to the data sheet of the ll120 they should be able to run between 600 - 1500 RPM. any ideas what the "problem" might be?

+-10% on fan specifications is usually listed as the standard variance. However, it may also be related to the controller. You can try swapping the fan connectors 1-3 on the splitter and see if there is change. Either way, I am not sure how you could tell the 720 fan from a 660 or 600 with LL120s. That is very low noise level.

I was pretty sure you were reporting observed speeds, not a true noise complaint. However, the counterpoint is if you can't hear them, then let it go as long as the fans are otherwise following directions. If one or more fans will not stick to assigned values, that is more concerning.

• 8 months later...

I was thinking of changing the standard fans on my H115 for the LL120 RGB but when i look at the specifications the LL120 RPM is 600 - 1500 the ones on the cooler are 2400 RPM max. What is also strange is the white LL120 RGB are 2200 RPM in the specifications.

I would like to get the 2400 RPM LL120 RGB if they are available or ML 120 RGB 2400 RPM

They are standard on the h100i platinum.