Corsair Community

CORSAIR AX1000 Titanium lines 12v and 5v is there a problem?

Paolo_Z

Hi guys I write from Italy and I use google translator so forgive me for any text errors.

I think I have a problem with voltage regulators .. reading the various reviews of this power supply I don't match the results with the 12v and 5v lines under stress..I tried to go down hard to test the 12v and 5v lines, then I brought my 8700k to 5.1ghz limit, overclocked my 1080ti to 2050mhz and the memories I gave + 500mhz with afterburner and vga fans set to maximum, I have a corsair h115i both fans of 140 set to maximum including the pump with maximum speed .., I started to run prime95 and fullmark simultaneously and these are the results( I attach the screen)the values ​​have gone down under 12 and also the 5v has decreased so much in the reviews I read that it remained above 12v with overload of olre 1200watt ... here already I go down as soon as I push my system that is undersized compared to this feeder or it is normal? please thank you for any clarification reply

75647273_Screenshot(43).thumb.png.913cc3a4d6c8930229d05cd1c810951e.png

Professional PSU testers are not using software to read the voltage values through the motherboard like what we see on the user end from HWiNFO, iCUE, AIDA, etc. The software values tend to be a bit "soft", particularly the 12v rail. It's pretty common to see an 11.9xx all the time with a moderate load and people get nervous because it is the "12v rail". Same thing on 5v with it riding at 4.9x all the time. I wouldn't be concerned until you see something dramatically bellow those values. You see an 11.1v on the 12v rail, then it is time to ask questions although more often than not it is a software conflict, rather than actual voltage drops.

Professional PSU testers are not using software to read the voltage values through the motherboard like what we see on the user end from HWiNFO, iCUE, AIDA, etc. The software values tend to be a bit "soft", particularly the 12v rail. It's pretty common to see an 11.9xx all the time with a moderate load and people get nervous because it is the "12v rail". Same thing on 5v with it riding at 4.9x all the time. I wouldn't be concerned until you see something dramatically bellow those values. You see an 11.1v on the 12v rail, then it is time to ask questions although more often than not it is a software conflict, rather than actual voltage drops.

here is perfect you hit my nervousness because it falls and I read less than 12 on the 12v with loads under 500 watts I don't like that 11.09XX even if it's far from the minimum standard ATX it's just that I saw an incongruity in my power supply compared to that of the review ... already starting has 12.273 and my 12.192 while they are equal psu so there must be an error in reading the software because the review one keeps the 12v at a peak low of 12.247 with the load of 110% !! and the mine to even 500watt load already goes down to 11.904 ..> _ <

If you stare at software generated power numbers often enough, you’ll notice the watts/volts/current or whatever you are looking at winds up at the same values quite often. The idle power consumption is 99W or 108 or 117W. Never 103 or 114W or anything else. Similar on voltage rails and you see the exact same reading under a wide variety of loads. Eventually you notice the mathematical relationship and realize the program is limited in what it can tell you and real values change must faster than polling rate. We don’t want our monitoring software polling every 1/100th of a second. These software values can tell you when there is a major problem and can be used for general comparisons or a peek at the current state. Edited by c-attack
Predictive text... sigh.

If you stare at software generated power numbers often enough, you’ll notice the watts/volts/current or whatever you are looking at winds up at the same values quite often. The idle power consumption is 99W or 108 or 117W. Never 103 or 114W or anything else. Similar on voltage rails and you see the exact same reading under a wide variety of loads. Eventually you notice the mathematical relationship and realize the program is limited in what it can tell you and real vale’s change must faster than polling rate. We don’t want our monitoring software polling every 1/100th of a second. These software values can tell you when there is a major problem and can be used for general comparisons or a peek at the current state.

you're right .. because the numbers even if they vary are always the same .. type 11.904 and not example: 11.905 or 11906 or 11.907 but only 11.904 always the same thing with 5v and 3v respectively 5v peak 5.040 or 5.016 never 5.039 or 5.15 the numbers are always identical with the variations .. so I'm starting to understand that the software is the culprit and not the output voltages of my power supply, at this point I'm sure that with a tester or a multimeter I would have variable values ​​of different numbers but above all the 12v if the software gives me 11904 maybe the tester at that moment marks 12.10 / 20 so I start to believe that my copy has no problem and it's just my mental paranoia here :) thanks a lot for the help I really need to understand this