Corsair Community

XG7 Waterblock for Gigabyte RTX 2080 TI Windforce (NON OC)

jl94x4

Hi all. I am a little confused. I have the RTX 2080 TI below;

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N208TWF3-11GC#kf

I have followed the Corsair Hydro X Configurator which recommended the XG7 Waterblock, that is compatible with my GPU. After purchasing, and the block arriving the XG7 doesn't actually support this GPU as the thermal pads are in the wrong location and the fan header blocks the block from contacting parts of the block, the screws do line up, though.

https://imgur.com/a/RiBAzYj

Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or is the Corsair website incorrect? I'm worried that I won't be able to return the block to the retailer I purchased from (OCUK) because I have opened the packaging.

Really frustrating. I believe the compatibility list is incorrect for this block.

Edited by jl94x4

• Corsair Employee

I'm sorry to hear about the unpleasant situation.

Based on the PCBA image you provided, it seems like your particual graphics card is using a PCBA layout that is known for Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Gaming 11G models.

For reference, a PCBA image of Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Windforce model which we have used as a base for compatibility check and is compatible with XG7 RGB 20-SERIES GPU Water Block (2080 TI FE).

Gigabyte_2080Ti_Windforce_PCBA.jpg

In rare occasions, manufacturers can make a rolling change of used PCBA layout which can result in discrepancy in compatibility list.

I would kindly ask if you could provide an image of model number sticker on your graphics card and on box of the graphics card so we can verify. Please provide them over PM or over a support ticket. If chosing the later, do let me know your ticket number.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide a compatible total conversion water block solution for your graphics card but you can be assured that we do will do our best to provide support in case the retailer will refuse to accept a return.

I'm sorry to hear about the unpleasant situation.

Based on the PCBA image you provided, it seems like your particual graphics card is using a PCBA layout that is known for Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Gaming 11G models.

For reference, a PCBA image of Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Windforce model which we have used as a base for compatibility check and is compatible with XG7 RGB 20-SERIES GPU Water Block (2080 TI FE).

In rare occasions, manufacturers can make a rolling change of used PCBA layout which can result in discrepancy in compatibility list.

I would kindly ask if you could provide an image of model number sticker on your graphics card and on box of the graphics card so we can verify. Please provide them over PM or over a support ticket. If chosing the later, do let me know your ticket number.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide a compatible total conversion water block solution for your graphics card but you can be assured that we do will do our best to provide support in case the retailer will refuse to accept a return.

I have PM'd you.

Edited by jl94x4