Corsair Community

h115i plat rgb firmware update

moking01

so i just hooked up my new h115i plat rgb yesterday and today i had an update notification from the icue software and so i clicked that

its well over an hour now and its saying its still updating....with a warning not to restart my pc or turn off the icue software so i dont really know what to do or if its even normal to take that long.

http://i63.tinypic.com/15qyv4g.jpg

It should take a matter of seconds and is a tiny file. It appears to be stuck. Unfortunately, if it has been going this long, it is not likely to get itself out of trouble. You are going to have to force quit iCUE or restart the PC at some point. It is possible the cooler won't be recognized after if the firmware already began to load.

i rebooted my system and everything seems to work except on any modes every couple of seconds i hear the sound of unplugging a USB drive and what i noticed that the fans RPM seems to reset and the rgb lights flickers

it ramps up to say 1900ish RPM on extreme and after a minute or so i hear that sounds and fans go to as low as 400-500 rpm.

same case on any other mode

**UPDATE**

So the USB disconnect sound was an issue related to HWInfo64 running. Once i exit and uninstalled it...problem solved.

But seriously Corsair what the heck ? Get in touch with HWInfo devs to have this issue fixed. It shouldn't even been an issue in the first place.

**UPDATE**

So the USB disconnect sound was an issue related to HWInfo64 running. Once i exit and uninstalled it...problem solved.

But seriously Corsair what the heck ? Get in touch with HWInfo devs to have this issue fixed. It shouldn't even been an issue in the first place.

nah, coincidence.. I don't have that software and I get USB disconnect

**UPDATE**

You can prevent HWInfo from monitoring Corsair stuff within the Safety tab. Same applies to AIDA64.

Personally, I leave Corsair monitoring enabled in both, as it does not appear to cause any conflict on my system.