Corsair Community

Keyboard-Audio-Visualizer

Darth Affe

Hey Guys,

since there aren't already enough audio visualizers for keyboard out there, I decided to create a new one :p

The main reason for that is, that existing visualizers aren't able to show some relaxing random visualization like wmp and other software. Right now this isn't possible here too, but the current development progress is the base for something like that.

Currently only one visualization per device is implemented:

Keyboard: Highly configurable Frequency Bars (the well known thing)

Mouse/Headset: Beat detection (not really well working right now)

Mousepad/Lightbar (K95 Platinum): Level-Meter

All Corsair devices are supported, some logitech keyboard too.

For more information and a description of the configuration-possibilities check out the github homepage.

You need the .NET Framework 4.6.1 or newer and CUE with enabled SDK to run this!

Download: https://github.com/DarthAffe/KeyboardAudioVisualizer/releases (or in the attachment)

Source: https://github.com/DarthAffe/KeyboardAudioVisualizer

Changes:

V1.1

• Lots of bugfixes regarding devices and support for more devices
  • Changeable Gradient/Color for all visualizations
  • Added a option to reverse-scale the audio input with the os-volume. This allows to reduce the impact of a change to the windows-volume if the driver of selected audio device links the loopback device volume to it.
  • Hopefully a final fix for the fake-suround-driver audio problems
  • Increased max update-rate (even if I won't recommend to go above 40)
  • Minor fixes to prevent crashes or weird behaviors on some edge-cases while opening closed windows or creating a configuration

V1.0.1

• Tested and confirmed full support for Novation Launchpad S and Logitech G610 (EU layout).
  • Changed the style of the sliders in the config section to have a more obvious disabled-state and to show the current value on mouse over.
  • Added tooltips to the configuration.
  • Added support for different visualizations per device (no new visualizations so far) (which visualization is possible depends on the device).
  • Changed configuration-file (old ones should get converted automatically).
  • Fixed a bug which leads to useless error-logs.

Application Screenshot:

KeyboardAudioVisualizer.png

Example-Video: [ame]

[/ame]

KeyboardAudioVisualizer_V1.0.zip

KeyboardAudioVisualizer_V1.0.1.zip

KeyboardAudiovisualizer_V1.1.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving it so far. It's fun fiddling with the bar settings to find the right one that works for me. I currently use a STRAFE (plain red lighting, not RGB), Sabre 10k mouse, and Void USB headset. Few things I noticed that may could use some fine-tuning:

-Are there plans for the Beat Detection for mouse/headset to show RGB colors instead of just white?

-Noticed that Beat Detection doesn't affect the DPI indicator light on my Sabre. Is this intentional? Can there be an option to configure using that lighting zone too?

-Slight tweak to the UI to show that the Gamma bar can't be adjusted when not using the Gamma spectrum

-This is called "Keyboard Audio Visualizer" but you can configure the mouse/headset/mousepad/lightbar as well, so perhaps rename this to something like "Corsair Audio Visualizer"?

Hey, great to hear that you like it :)

-Are there plans for the Beat Detection for mouse/headset to show RGB colors instead of just white?

Yes, in a future version (most likely not the next) all colors will be customizable.

-Noticed that Beat Detection doesn't affect the DPI indicator light on my Sabre. Is this intentional? Can there be an option to configure using that lighting zone too?

No. My last information about the DPI indicator is from 2016 (but as far as I know nothing has changed here), which says that it's intended, that the dpi indicator isn't changeable through the sdk.

-Slight tweak to the UI to show that the Gamma bar can't be adjusted when not using the Gamma spectrum

Sure, there a quite a lot things on the UI that aren't really intuitive right now. UI-improvements will be a part of the next version

-This is called "Keyboard Audio Visualizer" but you can configure the mouse/headset/mousepad/lightbar as well, so perhaps rename this to something like "Corsair Audio Visualizer"?

Well that's right, but it's not limited to Corsair either. I'll think about it ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I am using the Corsair STRAFE RGB. However, i keep getting this error when i try to open the application.

I have checked that SDK has been enabled in CUE. Also, tried running in Administrator Mode, just incase the software isn't hooking properly.

This is whats in the error log:

[15/9/2017 2:20:31 AM] Exception!

StackTrace:

at CSCore.SoundIn.WasapiCapture.InitializeInternal()

at CSCore.SoundIn.WasapiCapture.Initialize()

at KeyboardAudioVisualizer.AudioCapture.CSCoreAudioInput.Initialize()

at KeyboardAudioVisualizer.AudioProcessing.AudioProcessor.InitializeInstance()

at KeyboardAudioVisualizer.AudioProcessing.AudioProcessor.Initialize()

at KeyboardAudioVisualizer.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)

Ok the problem right now is, that the current version has a bug which prevents the error-message from being shown correctly (that's why there's nothing under message in the log) and without this, it's difficult to track down such a issue.

I'm afraid you need to wait for the next version which either fix the problem or will tell us more about what exactly the problem is.

I planned this version for this week but i introduced a huge memory leak which i wasn't able to resolve until now. I'm pretty sure I'm not able to do it until the end of the week - hopefully next week - sorry for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

today I found the cause of the memory-leak I mentioned above and started looking for a solution just now.

I want to finish tooltips and some small ui-problems too for this release. Since it needs a bit of testing afterwards I think it will be the end of the week. But definitely this week.

Even though I don't want to raise any high expectations - all the background work took me way longer than expected so there are far less visible changes than I initially planned (for example changeable colors are still missing).

Hey Darth, couldn't find the error myself, tried drivers, uninstalling software that could conflict but nothing. Just tried the new version.

Driver: Realtek ALC1220, Nahimic 2+

Here's the error log:

[1/10/2017 3:00:07 AM] Exception!

IAudioClient::Initialize caused an error: 0x88890008, "Unknown HRESULT".

StackTrace:

at CSCore.SoundIn.WasapiCapture.InitializeInternal()

at CSCore.SoundIn.WasapiCapture.Initialize()

at KeyboardAudioVisualizer.AudioCapture.CSCoreAudioInput.Initialize()

at KeyboardAudioVisualizer.AudioProcessing.AudioVisualizationFactory.InitializeInstance()

at KeyboardAudioVisualizer.AudioProcessing.AudioVisualizationFactory.Initialize()

at KeyboardAudioVisualizer.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)

UPDATE:

It appears to only work when i change my audio settings to 7.1 (2.1, 4.0, 5.1 doesn't work)

Hi, i have a problem :x

I can see this application saw the music, because the bars are moovings, they recognize my Corsair K55 RGB too but the music visualizer don't work, my keyboard just look like normal

My keyboard are not dancing :/

Hi, i have a problem :x

I can see this application saw the music, because the bars are moovings, they recognize my Corsair K55 RGB too but the music visualizer don't work, my keyboard just look like normal

My keyboard are not dancing :/

If you're able to see something in the preview everything should be fine.

Please double-check that CUE is running correctly and SDK-support is enabled.

Does the keyboard turn black once you start the program if not or if it is somehow flickering while it runs, it could indicate that you're using another software or a profile in cue that's overwriting the changes or requesting exclusive access for the keyboard.

About the second question: You can only change the gamma value if 'Gamma' is selected as Spectrum. (Stupid thing that the tooltip doesn't show up as long as the slider is disabled - I didn't see that, sorry)

It didn't turn black i don't know how to do :/

I tried some app for have this keyboard music visualizer

If it does not turn black it has now control over the keyboard.

As mentioned above please check if CUE is up to date, correctly running and SDK support enabled.

Exit all other programs using the SDK. And as stupid as it sounds try to unplug and replug your keyboard (I'm not sure how the k55 works but for mine the used connector/the order they are plugged in is also important)

When i open CUE my keyboard have a rainbow led

And when i open ur app it didn't change it's maybe the problem :/

Well that's the problem for sure, the question is why isn't it able to control the keyboard. If it detects the keyboard and SDK support is enabled I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work ...

Archived