Corsair Community

TR3X6G1600C8D Compatibility

Suby808

My apologies in advance, this is my first time posting to this Corsair forum and forums in general. I am in the process of rebuilding my older computer and I was wondering if I can reuse my older Corsair ram Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D Dominator 6 GB 3 x 2 GB PC3-12800 1600MHz 240-Pin DDR3 in a new mob either the ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO Z97 ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 or the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150. I am planning to upgrade the cpu to an Intel Core i7-4790K Processor. It would save me money if I can reuse my old ram. If I am able to reuse the ram, what settings would i use? Sorry about the caps but I am cutting and pasting. Thank you for your help.

It should fine, use the XMP setting in the BIOS. But, keep in mind that ideally your new board will use either 2 or 4 modules. Not sure exactly how your memory controller will do with 3 modules. Most likely it will run it what Intel used to refer to as flex dual channel mode. 1 channel will have more memory than the other which should cause no issues.

Let us know how it goes. ::pirate::

• 4 months later...
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150, I am planning to upgrade the cpu to an Intel Core i7-4790K Processor. I have always used your ram will this board use it. What ram can I use at DDR3 (2) 2X8GB 16 GB as I can use 2 sticks. The combo says Skills Sniper. I want Corsair.

Archived