Corsair Community

[Fix] High CPU Usage of iCue 3.3.103!

solarity

Are you running the Vengeance RGB memory?

If so, uncheck "Enable Full Software Control" in the Settings. You'll have fewer effects but CPU usage will drop.

Also, note that this thread was started on 3.3. It's really not valid any longer. The cause of this issue was fixed a LONG time ago and isn't relevant to any issue that you are seeing today.

Yes I am running Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB memory; 4x 8GB.

I can uncheck 'Enable Full software control' if I want but that kinda defeats the object of having the software control in iCue in the first place!

I don't want my RAM playing a Rainbow lighting show whilst gaming, it's very distracting. I have it set to 'Temperature' for the CPU along with the H150i Pro, which is also set for the same thing. Together they change colour subtly and without distraction as the CPU gets warm.

So, what exactly is the fix then? Surely disabling a vital part of the software is not it?

Thank you kindly, Lee.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You still have control over effects; it won't just be rainbow. When the Vengeance Pro RAM was initially released, it didn't have the software control mode at all. You have many of the same effects that you have with software control but you don't have layers. And ... you will still have Lighting Link/Temperature.

So ... why don't you disable it and try? They (Corsair) is working on a fix for this but it's not ready yet.