Corsair Community

Recommended Ram for ASUS P5Q PRO (question)

babolgam

Hi.

I'm currently upgrading my system and I would like to ask what module would you recommend for my ASUS P5Q PRO. I'm planning to buy Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550. I already tested the memory configurator which gave me 3 different results varying on the use of things but I would be glad to hear directly from anyone who knows a lot about this. I'm new on these things but I'm starting to read more about it.

Thank you in advance and I hope I get a reply, kinda new here. :D

For now I don't have that much knowledge in overclocking but it's in my plans and when my cpu arrives I will be using a 64bit Vista Ultimate. I already tested the memory finder and gave me 3 specifics but as what I've said I wanted to hear directly from you guys whom I know are very well versed among these things. Thanks for the reply guys.

For now I don't have that much knowledge in overclocking but it's in my plans and when my cpu arrives I will be using a 64bit Vista Ultimate. I already tested the memory finder and gave me 3 specifics but as what I've said I wanted to hear directly from you guys whom I know are very well versed among these things. Thanks for the reply guys.

I would go for Twin2X4096-8500C5DHX modules. This will be more than enough for Vista64 and will be fast at stock and will allow you to overclock in the future should you wish.

Archived