Corsair Community

Future Vengeance RGB Lighting Support?

almostcraig

I just made the switch to iCue to see that Vengeance RGB is half supported by the new software. Lighting can be manually adjusted, but does not currently support the lighting link functionality nor does it work in Far Cry 5, this is a disappointment as RAM is almost the center of any build.

Are there any efforts to make Vengeance lighting functions work like other products in the future versions of iCue?

[bonus bug - Timings settings for ram display no options and a blank box too, see screenshot]

1005861787_2018-03-2820_25_35-CorsairUtilityEngine.thumb.png.149232e59e579e798ff5470c0a65a670.png

I am also very bummed that the vengeance memory (the largest part of my rgb platform investment) is not fully compatible with the rest of the rgb products. I understand the limitations of SPD memory access to change colors (not USB etc) This is why lighting link never worked with it. Someone posted feature request about at least instant lighting compatibility, but true sync is not supported by the architecture. I do wish it had been clearer on the RGB memory as it insinuates it is "linked" via the Corsiar LINK software.

There is another product line in the boat but I can't recall it.

Overall I'm pleased with the line and the good comms in the forum from Corsair and community do a lot to help the mitigate the issues.

The Far cry animations and sequences are really a showcase for what is possible. IMHO You need to add the flag as a Icue effect.

Nice work

• Corsair Employee
I am also very bummed that the vengeance memory (the largest part of my rgb platform investment) is not fully compatible with the rest of the rgb products. I understand the limitations of SPD memory access to change colors (not USB etc) This is why lighting link never worked with it. Someone posted feature request about at least instant lighting compatibility, but true sync is not supported by the architecture. I do wish it had been clearer on the RGB memory as it insinuates it is "linked" via the Corsair LINK software.

There is another product line in the boat but I can't recall it.

Overall I'm pleased with the line and the good comms in the forum from Corsair and community do a lot to help the mitigate the issues.

The Far cry animations and sequences are really a showcase for what is possible. IMHO You need to add the flag as a Icue effect.

Nice work

Thanks for the kind words. We're always looking into ways to improve performances.When Vengeance RGB was designed, it was before we did a lot of these lighting synchronization effects. Now that we understand there is a real demand for these complex sequences, we'll continue to research new solutions so we can provide what users like yourself desire.

A good work around is if you use a notification trigger "Trigger all RGB LED's" it does change ALL colors including vengeance! So there maybe a way to at least get instant. If you set multiple colors layers for different temps and had a way to "change" the temp values I think you get at least "color change" lighting link update.

Using the vengeance as a visual temp monitor at least give is reason to not match the rest of the beauty. Even as a wortk around seeing them all the same color is glorious.

The problem is not all SMBus works the same way so if we were to implement a universal solution, it doesn't apply the same for everyone. Sadly, SMBus differs from motherboard vendors even with the same chipset in place.

Is it still possible to use them with Asus Aura while Cue is running?

Thanks for the kind words. We're always looking into ways to improve performances.When Vengeance RGB was designed, it was before we did a lot of these lighting synchronization effects. Now that we understand there is a real demand for these complex sequences, we'll continue to research new solutions so we can provide what users like yourself desire.

Okay, so it's a hardware issue. Shoot. Hopefully we see a V2 for RGB Ram down the line that's designed with icue compatibility in mind. Thanks!

Archived