Corsair Community

H100i V2 pump overspeed and cooling issues?

therealslimslug

I noticed recently that my CPU temp is running higher than normal, much higher, like 15-20 degrees Celsius higher. In addition, I noticed that my pump speed is at around 3000-3200 RPM, as opposed to the normal 2800 RPM when on Performance settings, and it's at 2040RPM when on quiet, not that I can keep it at that speed because the computer will overheat in a matter of minutes.. The CPU is an AMD FX-8350, and even when idling is much hotter than normal, around 55C. I've had the cooler in there for about a year and have never seen it do this. I've cleaned the radiator and still no temperature improvement. One tube is very hot while the other is pretty cold. Any ideas?

That sounds like a blockage of some kind. Question ... when you boot up from cold, how long does it take for the CPU to get to around 55C? And what's your pump temperature?

Not sure what you mean by pump temperature, but the CPU is at 65C and goes all over the place constantly, and the radiator is at about 50C. there is a temp labeled MD Temp #2 that is holding at 65C. From cold startup maybe fifteen minutes to half an hour before it gets to around 55.

Archived