Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE feedback

I have the same problem, did you solve it?

Hi Corsair,

I've had my Virtuoso RGB Wireless headphones for about a week now and I've been having some weird issues.

The main problem has been that it seems like every other time I boot up my PC my headset won't connect to the wireless dongle. I turn on my PC and the dongle light flashes red. My first thought was that the battery was low so I plugged it up via USB-C to USB to my PC and there was no reaction. No lights or anything that indicated that it was charging or that it was getting power. I tried different ports on my PC, different cables, even tried plugging it into the outlet I use to charge my phone. Still nothing.

What ends up happening is in iCUE I go to the headset (which shows unavailable) and I try the "USB Wireless Receiver Pairing" option about 10-15 times and eventually, by some type of magic it seems, the headset finally lights up and connects to the dongle. I'm not sure what the issue is. The first time this happened the battery was about medium life (according to the gauge in the system taskbar) and the second time I left them charging connected to my PC while I got some work done, I go to use them and the same thing happens. Only this time they connect and the battery is critical somehow. And I just went through this a third time today.

Any ideas as to what could be happening? I love this headset but this is a very annoying 30 min process to go through every other time I want to use them. Thanks in advance.

What do you mean when you say to reinstall Windows 2014?

I have had my Virtuoso RGB wireless headphones for about a week and have had weird problems.

The main problem has been that it seems that every time I turn on my PC, my headphones don't connect to the wireless backpack. I turn on my PC and the dongle light blinks red. My first thought was that the battery was low, so I connected it to my PC via USB-C to USB and it stayed the same, connecting and disconnecting over and over again, the dongle light flashing red and white intermittently. If I put the cable if it is shown as charging, but still if blinking.

What ends up happening is that in iCUE I go to the headset (which shows that it is not available) and try the "USB Wireless Receiver Pairing" option about 10-15 times, reinstall or reboot several times and eventually, by some kind of magic appears, the headset finally lights up and connects to the backpack. But it doesn't always work. and sometimes it disconnects me from nowhere.

icue 3.30.89 , the latest, seems to have fixed the blinking red led.

and overall it seems to have fixed crackles aswell

could also be the reinstallation of Windows 2004 update

did you try to uninstall icue and install version 3.30.89`?

what i mean with reinstallation of windows 10 ver 2004 update is, i downloaded mediacreationtools from microsoft and installed the latest big update again

you can see your windows 10 version with WINDOWSKEY+ R and enter "winver"

latest is Version 2004 Build 19041.330

iCUE 3.30.89 has fixed the status led on the Dongle.

But I still get the occasional crackle in the sound.

I might try a fresh install of windows 10 version 2004.

Also I had 4 times now that the left and right channels were swapped.

Have not heard anything about this for a long time.

Apparently not a lot of people have this issue or do not notice it and Corsair have not been able to reproduce this.

I can only hope they eventually do reproduce this issue and fix it.

.., and the drivers from icue turning atmos to 2 channel low quality.

Nope, that's a limitation of how dolby atmos for headphones is implemented in windows. (limited to 2 channels 16 bit 48.000 khz)

So you can blame Dolby or Microsoft for this, but not Corsair.

Edited by Cerebr0

Hey, guys, I'm trying to decide between the SE and non-SE, and I'm looking for a definitive answer regarding the difference in quality between their mics.

Dmitry, from Hardware Canucks, pointed out that the non-SE mic sounds noticeably better, which I agree, judging from his mic test. However, I've read some comments that there was a firmware update that fixed that issue.

James (from Linus Tech Tips) tested the SE and it did sound better than on Dmitry's video, but, unfortunately, he didn't compare it directly to the non-SE.

I believe Jay (from JayzTwoCents) also said that the non-SE is better, and has been spotted using that headset in event as recently as a few months ago.

This is what worked for me:

Uininstall iCue.

Make sure to delete settings, profiles, etc.

It will uninstall the drivers as well.

Reboot.

Download and install the beta version of iCue with slipstream from this link: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=191706

Reboot.

Set up your profiles and everything again. Mine is simple I just use the Bass Boost default template.

Launch your favorite game and test it out. This fixed the problem for me.

I think if you have a newer headset that is using their "Slipstream" wireless you'll need the special drivers from this beta version, but I could honestly be wrong. Its just a guess.

Hope this helps someone out there!

I bought this virtuoso SE headset months ago, went back to my old void-elte because it was so frustrating. I understand the bug has been fixed with charging and ive been trying to install the update through iCue. However, when I click update - it says for me to switch to USB mode. When I switch to USB mode the headset is no longer picked up by the iCue software. I cant update and stuck at this part. The headset is usable in a way. If i have it plugged in and set to Bluetooth i can use it while it remains plugged in. The second i unplug it (even though it says "charge completed") it will then say "critical battery" and shut off. Then I have to wait another 15 minutes for it to turn back on.

The USB port that it is plugged into says "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)." Ive tried every method and every port - but nothing fixes this. Is there something im missing, or is my headset just doomed from the start?

• Corsair Employee
I bought this virtuoso SE headset months ago, went back to my old void-elte because it was so frustrating. I understand the bug has been fixed with charging and ive been trying to install the update through iCue. However, when I click update - it says for me to switch to USB mode. When I switch to USB mode the headset is no longer picked up by the iCue software. I cant update and stuck at this part. The headset is usable in a way. If i have it plugged in and set to Bluetooth i can use it while it remains plugged in. The second i unplug it (even though it says "charge completed") it will then say "critical battery" and shut off. Then I have to wait another 15 minutes for it to turn back on.

The USB port that it is plugged into says "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)." Ive tried every method and every port - but nothing fixes this. Is there something im missing, or is my headset just doomed from the start?

Have you tried connecting the headset to a different PC/Laptop via USB mode and see if it's detected? In iCUE with the headset set to Wireless Mode, what does it show for FW version for the Dongle and Headset under the settings tab?

Hello,

a few weeks after buying my Virtuoso I had problems with it as descibed here:

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196975

My headset somehow turned back on again on its own after a week.

With the ICue Version 3.30.89 a day later the problems all disappeared.

When I yesterday installed the new ICue Version 3.30.97 my headset completely stopped working again on the same day.

Can't turn it on in Wireless or USB mode, no lights are blinking in any way (not even Status LED) and ICue does not recognize it.

While connected via cable you can also hear a very quiet mechanical sound coming from the headset. (Charging sound maybe?)

Plugging it into a different computer made the LEDs blink again so I immediately plugged it into mine again to see if it was fixed. But not only was it not working, now it is also not working anymore on the other computer. :confused:

Any idea on how to get it working again? Support only giving copy paste answers about warranty replacement since the first problems happened. :sigh!:

Cross-posting as these issues don't seem to get any attention in individual threads.

I got this headset yesterday and it was working just fine.

I shut down my computer and charged the headset with the provided cable over night. When I booted up this morning it would no longer connect wirelessly.

Wired connection works fine. It won't pair with the dongle. iCUE shows an error with the dongle with no further information.

I have tried this. I have un-installed and re-installed iCUE. I have tried installing older versions of iCUE. I have tried to force firmware update on the dongle. I have un-installed the device through USBDeview. I have removed the device through Windows. I have removed it from the device manager. I have updated Windows. I have restarted my computer more times than I can count.

The last thing I have yet to try it to drain the battery and try re-installing from there which I am doing now.

Edit: drained the battery, uninstalled iCUE, removed from device manager, regedit, USBDeview, restarted and tried again, same problem.

dongle.png

Found in logs:

2020-07-10T18:46:46 I cue.devices: Begin attaching to "VIRTUOSO SE DONGLE" (vid=1b1c, pid=a46) "\\\\?\\hid#vid_1b1c&pid_0a46&col01#7&11d0a1c8&1&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}" status b= 0

2020-07-10T18:46:46 I cue.devices: End attaching to "VIRTUOSO SE DONGLE" (vid=1b1c, pid=a46) "\\\\?\\hid#vid_1b1c&pid_0a46&col01#7&11d0a1c8&1&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}" status a= 0

2020-07-10T18:46:46 I cue.devices: Created new device"VIRTUOSO SE DONGLE" (vid=1b1c, pid=a46); ready:false

2020-07-10T18:46:46 I cue.devices: Begin attaching to "VIRTUOSO SE DONGLE" (vid=1b1c, pid=a46) "\\\\?\\hid#vid_1b1c&pid_0a46&col02#7&11d0a1c8&1&0001#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}" status b= 0

2020-07-10T18:46:46 I cue.devices: End attaching to "VIRTUOSO SE DONGLE" (vid=1b1c, pid=a46) "\\\\?\\hid#vid_1b1c&pid_0a46&col02#7&11d0a1c8&1&0001#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}" status a= 1

2020-07-10T18:46:46 I cue.devices: Initializing "VIRTUOSO SE DONGLE" (vid=1b1c, pid=a46)

2020-07-10T18:46:46 I cue.devices: Begin attaching to "VIRTUOSO SE DONGLE" (vid=1b1c, pid=a46) "\\\\?\\hid#vid_1b1c&pid_0a46&col03#7&11d0a1c8&1&0002#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}" status b= 1

2020-07-10T18:46:46 I cue.devices: End attaching to "VIRTUOSO SE DONGLE" (vid=1b1c, pid=a46) "\\\\?\\hid#vid_1b1c&pid_0a46&col03#7&11d0a1c8&1&0002#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}" status a= 1

2020-07-10T18:46:48 C cue.devices: Exception while device initialization: "VIRTUOSO SE DONGLE"

2020-07-10T18:46:48 C cue.devices: Error while waiting for USB string. Platform error code: 87. Bytes transmitted: 0.

2020-07-10T18:46:48 I cue.devices: Initialized false "VIRTUOSO SE DONGLE" (vid=1b1c, pid=a46)

2020-07-10T18:46:48 C cue.models.present_device: "VIRTUOSO SE DONGLE" isn't intended to be shown, but will be, status: AbstractProtocol::Fail

2020-07-10T18:46:48 C cue.models.present_device: "VIRTUOSO SE DONGLE" isn't intended to be shown, but will be, status: AbstractProtocol::Fail

2020-07-10T18:46:48 I cue.devices: Device object failed to initialize, so it won't be registered with application susbystems. VIRTUOSO SE DONGLE.

I was absolutely in love with these while they were working. I'd love to get them fixed. I will be sending them back sooner rather than later.

Edited by Virtuoso

Now with new update the EQ doesn't apply when you change them. And there is a lot of delay changing between stereo and surround, and when Im connected to the Virtuoso, all the windows sound options are working slow with a lot of delay, I mean the volume buttom in the bottom right and so on, sigh.

Oh cmon....

Edited by Shirak

I noticed that the LED inside of the microphone status indicator is RGB but it's only used for green and red for microphone status and it can't be changed which I don't know why.

Would be nice if it was possible to use with lighting options like CPU or tempture and so on. It would also be nice to have tha ability to reprogram the microphone mute button and volume wheel aswell inside of ICUE. For example you could reprogram the volume wheel to change EQ presets or reprogram the mic hold (sidetone) function to enable and disable sorround.

Plus, why does the headset not have onboard memory? So you can save presets and lighting effects? Basically every Corsair peripheral has onboard memory these days. This would also allow RGB to work when using it with a phone.

I also noticed that the Slipstream works with my phone when using OTG usb adapater with my S10 but the dongle is super bulky, wouden't be possible to make a dedicated type-c dongle that is small as possible for phone use where the single/distance doesn't really matter?

And why the hell is wireless and wired so buggy and glitchy when plugging the headset to charge in wireless mode when mid-game? This has been an issue since the launch and some games require a restart for the audio or mic to work again. If the headset is in wireless mode and you plugin the type-c cable, it shouden't do anything except charge the damn headset.

Edited by RustyBender

Hi!

Yesterday I received my Virtuoso SE, which I wasn't too keen on in the beginning because of the known driver issues which I also had. (driver issues fixed)

Now I've come to the conclusion that my left RGB light is a lot more dim than the other. I've read (on Reddit) that someone had the same problem too.

When reattaching right earcup (left is fine), I didn't get a click. And now it's stuck, can't get any movement out of it.

Battey: can only get 8 hours out of battery (RGB disabled), I know it would never reach 20 hours but I would've expected atleast 12.

Edit: When charging and wearing headset I randomly hear ''charging battery'', bad cable/connector?

Anyone else with above problems?

Edited by CamielK

• 2 weeks later...
Hi!

Yesterday I received my Virtuoso SE, which I wasn't too keen on in the beginning because of the known driver issues which I also had. (driver issues fixed)

Now I've come to the conclusion that my left RGB light is a lot more dim than the other. I've read (on Reddit) that someone had the same problem too.

When reattaching right earcup (left is fine), I didn't get a click. And now it's stuck, can't get any movement out of it.

Battey: can only get 8 hours out of battery (RGB disabled), I know it would never reach 20 hours but I would've expected atleast 12.

Edit: When charging and wearing headset I randomly hear ''charging battery'', bad cable/connector?

Anyone else with above problems?

I have the non-SE cause SE lacks mic quality but they're almost virtually the same. Regarding the battery life, I can get 12/13 hours with RGB and the longest I ever went with RGB off was 18 hours and that was on critical so I believe I could get another hour or two which would be very close or right on the 20 hour battery as advertised. If you can't get 12 hours with RGB off, then there's something wrong, I would contact support and see what they say, otherwise I would RMA it. Regarding the charging cues, I get them aswell, atleast once everytime I charge my headset. Sometimes I will get "charging battery" like 3-4 hours after plugging it in, no idea why. I doubt it's loss connection as I believe I would get them way more often but I only get them once or twice in a span of 8 hours or so, sometimes I get "Charging complete" when my headset isn't even charging.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
I have the non-SE cause SE lacks mic quality but they're almost virtually the same. Regarding the battery life, I can get 12/13 hours with RGB and the longest I ever went with RGB off was 18 hours and that was on critical so I believe I could get another hour or two which would be very close or right on the 20 hour battery as advertised. If you can't get 12 hours with RGB off, then there's something wrong, I would contact support and see what they say, otherwise I would RMA it. Regarding the charging cues, I get them aswell, atleast once everytime I charge my headset. Sometimes I will get "charging battery" like 3-4 hours after plugging it in, no idea why. I doubt it's loss connection as I believe I would get them way more often but I only get them once or twice in a span of 8 hours or so, sometimes I get "Charging complete" when my headset isn't even charging.

Have you performed a firmware update on your headset? We made some improvements to charging since the original FW, and highly recommend updating. Also, are you using a smart wall charger or a PC USB port? Do you get the same charging cues when using a different USB port?

Have you performed a firmware update on your headset? We made some improvements to charging since the original FW, and highly recommend updating. Also, are you using a smart wall charger or a PC USB port? Do you get the same charging cues when using a different USB port?

I check for updates on weekly basis so I'm always up to date and I always charge my headset with my PC using original USB-C cable. Not sure if this matters but I charge my headset using the USB passthough on my K95 Platinum XT, that's when I experience the uncorrect voicve prompts. I will try a different USB port and see if I still get the cues.

Also still checking regurarly for months to see if there's been any fix for the audio drops/cuts but so far I've been having this issue ever since I bought it. For a premium headset like this, I expected the wireless to be actually useful, the dongle is less than 1m away with nothing in between dongle and headset. Sound cuts out for 1-5 seconds a lot.

One other thing I noticed is a very unstable wireless connection when using the microwave (5m away)

Expensive Paper Weight....

Can't get the Virtuoso to charge in any way. Only thing I have left is to send it in for RMA. Leaving me with no Headset. So i need to buy another one, in the mean time, while this headset is in for repairs.

Headset still loses sound while wired. Only has sound playback, in Wireless mode WHILE WIRED. When put in USB mode, shows up as UNAVAILABLE.

Before I get all the reply's with did you try this or that. I have.. all of it. This is just a rant on how much of a dumpster fire these headphones are.

Complete Disappointment.

Expensive Paper Weight....

Can't get the Virtuoso to charge in any way. Only thing I have left is to send it in for RMA. Leaving me with no Headset. So i need to buy another one, in the mean time, while this headset is in for repairs.

Headset still loses sound while wired. Only has sound playback, in Wireless mode WHILE WIRED. When put in USB mode, shows up as UNAVAILABLE.

Before I get all the reply's with did you try this or that. I have.. all of it. This is just a rant on how much of a dumpster fire these headphones are.

Complete Disappointment.

Corsair can send an RMA item upfront. They do these with keyboards and mouses, I would imagine they can do this with a headset aswell, this is the official statment from Corsair:

"Advanced Replacement: We will ship the replacement unit first. Please note, this requires a credit card. We will charge your card for the current value of the item. Once you receive your replacement, please ship the original defective unit to us and we will refund the charge back to your card. This will have a replacement time of 3 to 4 business days. We will give you a prepaid mailing label for the unit you send back to us."

hey, guys, i'm trying to decide between the se and non-se, and i'm looking for a definitive answer regarding the difference in quality between their mics.

Dmitry, from hardware canucks, pointed out that the non-se mic sounds noticeably better, which i agree, judging from his mic test. However, i've read some comments that there was a firmware update that fixed that issue.

James (from linus tech tips) tested the se and it did sound better than on dmitry's video, but, unfortunately, he didn't compare it directly to the non-se.

I believe jay (from jayztwocents) also said that the non-se is better, and has been spotted using that headset in event as recently as a few months ago.

dont buy these headphones... You will regret it

Corsair can send an RMA item upfront. They do these with keyboards and mouses, I would imagine they can do this with a headset aswell, this is the official statment from Corsair:

"Advanced Replacement: We will ship the replacement unit first. Please note, this requires a credit card. We will charge your card for the current value of the item. Once you receive your replacement, please ship the original defective unit to us and we will refund the charge back to your card. This will have a replacement time of 3 to 4 business days. We will give you a prepaid mailing label for the unit you send back to us."

At this point i just want a refund. Having everything on iCue is great (when it works) But the Headset is just not worth it.

At this point i just want a refund. Having everything on iCue is great (when it works) But the Headset is just not worth it.

I don't know when you bought them and where from but you could return them for a refund, if it's been a while, you could RMA them and sell the replacement that Corsair sents and get most (if not all) of your money back.

I had my Virtuoso for about 3-4 months and I absolutly love them. The only complaint that I have is no percentage battery display but that's very minor. It's possible your headset is old revision as well. Some of the first Virtuosos that were produced are known to die quickly and have bad connectivity issues. The current revision has been getting great feedback.