Corsair Community

Corsair one system failure after windows update

Gallois

I have an original corsair one pro (CS-9000011) purchased in Feb 2018. I was carrying out a windows update and on a reboot I had no screen output - the light pipes were still on at this point. I rebooted by holding down the power button and all I could hear were clicking noises and no fan spin or POST. Around the back of the machine I could see a blinking red light from the LAN port. I tried resetting the CMOS but this had no effect. I opened the unit, took out the RAM, reset the RAM but still the same. There are several red blinking LEDs when I turn the power on. The system fan does not run, and the machine does not POST but the GPU fan runs. Looking at a manual for the Z270i MB it suggests that the LED that is flashing is CPU failure. That seems very unlikely to just catastrophically fail after a windows update just out of my two year warranty and would be a real shame if it's true. I've uploaded a video of the MB showing the blinking lights and I've opened a support ticket but don't know if I'll get any joy being out of warranty. Does anyone have any ideas to try and resolve the problem? £2000 for a machine that fails in this way just after two years does not seem normal.

https://streamable.com/m2edpg

Wow - after receiving a message from support asking me to install a reporting system on a computer that doesn’t boot, then asking me for my purchase receipt to arrange a warranty replacement when I already informed them I was out of warranty I get this response:

Thank you for attaching a copy of the invoice. We’re sorry to inform you the unit itself has a two year warranty that would have expired February 3rd, 2020. We apologize but we also do not have any kind of repair service available.

Thank you for choosing Corsair.

I guess that’s one one and only time I’ll be choosing Corsair.