Corsair Community

Frustrated with ICUE not finding water cooler.

Jay2ayy

I have the corsair h100i pro water cooler that I use with ICUE. When I first installed everything worked no problem. About a week later the water cooler was not showing up in ICUE, I did some trouble shooting and it showed up again. But this problem keeps happening over and over. The trouble shooting is not working this time I have uninstalled and reinstalled ICUE, it works and the water cooler shows again only to disappeared in about a week or so, or after an update. I cant keep uninstalling and reinstalling the soft ware, and spending all this time trying to fix this issue every time there is an update. The soft ware has worked very inconsistently. Is there a solution to this problem, or an alternative method I can use to control my water cooler. because as of right now there is no way for me to control the settings on the cooler. :mad:

Yep. Stuff like HWinfo will get the corsair driver invariably stuck.

DevBiker recently adviced us to disable CorsairAsetek support in HWinfo.

Just add

SupportCorsairAsetek=0

under the settings list in the HWinfo's INI file and save it before opening HWinfo again.

I assume this isn't an issue when you're not actively running hwinfo right? My h115i plat isn't showing up and I shut basically every software that exists on my computer and it still doesn't show up yet in USB deview it's right there saying h115i connected.

• Corsair Employee
I assume this isn't an issue when you're not actively running hwinfo right? My h115i plat isn't showing up and I shut basically every software that exists on my computer and it still doesn't show up yet in USB deview it's right there saying h115i connected.

Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. I would suggest doing it anyways.

You can also try doing this: https://support.corsair.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/77/kw/clean

Normally fixes it if it's a driver issue.

Right. No HWinfo (or HWinfo with CorsairAsetek disabled) and have no problems. I leave my machine on 24/7 and I reboot once a week or so.

I didn't try again, but iCUE also exhibits problems if your CPU usage is 100% effectively leaving no CPU time for it.

What I also use is Process lasso to set permanent affinities on my 1800x and leave two cores on heavy rendering programs, that helps with literally everything (temps, stability, system snappiness)

Of course that's good on CPUs with 6 cores or more, which is where the industry is heading rapidly now.

Are you using some kind of USB hub in your system or are you going directly into an USB header? I use NZXT hubs (2 of them) and before I had another brand which showed the Corsair peripherals in the system but iCUE could not see them.

Right. No HWinfo (or HWinfo with CorsairAsetek disabled) and have no problems. I leave my machine on 24/7 and I reboot once a week or so.

I didn't try again, but iCUE also exhibits problems if your CPU usage is 100% effectively leaving no CPU time for it.

What I also use is Process lasso to set permanent affinities on my 1800x and leave two cores on heavy rendering programs, that helps with literally everything (temps, stability, system snappiness)

Of course that's good on CPUs with 6 cores or more, which is where the industry is heading rapidly now.

Are you using some kind of USB hub in your system or are you going directly into an USB header? I use NZXT hubs (2 of them) and before I had another brand which showed the Corsair peripherals in the system but iCUE could not see them.

Going directly into a USB header on my motherboard. Tried multiple cables and headers, all seems equally not working.

Hmm...that should work. Did you enable XHCI hand-off in your BIOS?

I'm going to have to try that when I get home, one thing I have not.

They said this would be repaired on the 4/22 update and here we are on 4/23 without so much as an update. Not cool. If it's delayed at least tell people. I left NZXT because of this sort of buggy software and lack of response.

I agree. I sat here refreshing the update page for way too long then I'd like to admit yesterday, losing my mind a little bit.

• Corsair Employee
They said this would be repaired on the 4/22 update and here we are on 4/23 without so much as an update. Not cool. If it's delayed at least tell people. I left NZXT because of this sort of buggy software and lack of response.

I'm going to have to try that when I get home, one thing I have not.

I agree. I sat here refreshing the update page for way too long then I'd like to admit yesterday, losing my mind a little bit.

Please see this post: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1002378&postcount=488

Hey! Thank you very much. Eager to see if this will fix my issues.

Edit: well it seems the disconnecting repeatedly has stopped so that I can keep icue open to manage my ram and keyboard, but the cooler still is nowhere to be found sadly.

Edited by Kozmonaut

Hey! Thank you very much. Eager to see if this will fix my issues.

Edit: well it seems the disconnecting repeatedly has stopped so that I can keep icue open to manage my ram and keyboard, but the cooler still is nowhere to be found sadly.

Try a cold boot of your rig and see if the cooler shows up.

He means do a full shutdown of the PC and then turn it back on.

Ah yes I've done that several times. Seeing how my rgb fans are completely dark, and they worked for the first 10 minutes perfectly until I tried a firmware update and it said it failed and then I haven't seen it since, is it possible that my cooler is stuck in bootloader mode? USB deview recognizes it and sees it's there but rgb fans are dark and icue can't find it at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm absolutely with you. Why is it so difficult to get an answer from you people? It's now been an issue for 6 months. This is kind of a huge deal. Either give me a fix or take your broken product back, this has been an issue for almost 6 months now. I haven't been able to use my cooler with your software managing it since I built this PC. This has been an incredibly negative experience. 3/10, do not buy.

I cannot see my cooler in USB deview or device manager, it say unknown device

Have you looked at that AIO FAQ (linked in my signature)? Look there where is references re-enabling the driver.

Are you running any other monitoring software? That is a common culprit of these issues.

I am not running any other monitoring software, The device is also not showing in device manager, I don't know if I need to manually install the Corsair USBXp Driver. But I have already uninstalled and reinstalled I-cue and the cooler still has not shown up. here is a screen of device manager, I'm unsure of how to find and install the driver if it is missing.

USB.PNG.631e3f5a43fd0c259a7b3009279bc849.PNG

• Corsair Employee

For you people who are not seeing the driver in your Device Manager, the issue is either that the driver was not installed, or there is something wrong with the USB for the cooler. Try right clicking on the faulty driver that does not have the Device Descriptor, and select update. If it cannot, then this will not work.

Try this to reinstall the driver: https://support.corsair.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/77/kw/clean

If neither of those options work, create a ticket with our support teams.

• 1 year later...

EDIT: I shut down and unplugged my computer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in, and restarted. Problem solved for me.

I'm having the same issue. The driver appears to have been corrupted after upgrading to Windows 10 2004. Is there anywhere on the Corsair site that I can get the driver?

Edited by TheStryker

• 3 months later...

So AIO was showing up in BIOS and USBDEVIEW but not showing up in ICUE. I tried uninstalling all MSI software, multiple icue versions, USB cable directly to mobo and back of USB's etc. Nothing would work.

Went into bios. Went to Windows OS Configuration - Windows 10 WHQL Support and switched it from CSM to UEFI. Works now with Mystic Light and Fast Boot.

So depending on which cooler you have, you may want to check windows is going to UEFI. I was able to get it to show up in ICUE and update the firmware.

Other things to check -

LEGACY USB SUPPORT

XHCI HANDOFF - Both should be enabled.