Corsair Community

Another buzzing Corsair One Pro Ti

Ziwehox

Hello folks!

My much anticipated Corsair One Pro Ti arrived the other day. I must admit I was impressed with the size and looks of the machine! Despite having seen it on pictures I couldn't even imagine it being this small and beautiful.

HOWEVER, the ads says the machine is "Dangerously Quiet". This is one of the reasons I picked a prebuilt machine rather than building my own for the first time in my life. This statement however is not entirely true.

Because of the compact size and aesthetics I have mu machine next to the monitor instead of on the floor which I assume many others do aswell. When I have my G933 headphones on and the machine is in idle I can hear it very clear, a buzzing noise comming out of it. If I put my ear to the top where the fan is mounted it's not as noisy, which makes me belive it's one of the pumps.

During load (when I play games) the machine is just as noisy (or quiet in this case). The machine is quieter than my old rig with a R9 290 ref card but it's not dangerously quiet.

TL;DR - Computer is noisy during idle but quiet during load. Noise levels are the same but it's expected sound a bit during heavy tasks.

Is this normal for this computer or do I have a defective unit? Please advice!

As you'll see from a number of other threads this isn't an isolated issue (although many do have 'quiet' units). I've received a replacement unit which is exactly the same (40db clicking/buzzing at idle, which doesn't increase meaningfully under load) which has also been the experience of a number of others.

Like you I'm fairly sure it's a pump issue (rather than a fan). I'd like to hear Corsair's opinion on what can be done here, as their current stock seems to be compromised.

I'll bring a decibel meter home from work today and see exactly how loud it is.

I'm typing this from a Surface Pro which is currently at ~35 dBa with the fan spinning and it's much quieter than my Corsair One Pro so guessing it's somewhere in the 40s aswell.

As it doesnt meet the advertised 20 dBa I guess i'll open a support ticket to see what can be done.

• Corsair Employee
Hello folks!

My much anticipated Corsair One Pro Ti arrived the other day. I must admit I was impressed with the size and looks of the machine! Despite having seen it on pictures I couldn't even imagine it being this small and beautiful.

HOWEVER, the ads says the machine is "Dangerously Quiet". This is one of the reasons I picked a prebuilt machine rather than building my own for the first time in my life. This statement however is not entirely true.

Because of the compact size and aesthetics I have mu machine next to the monitor instead of on the floor which I assume many others do aswell. When I have my G933 headphones on and the machine is in idle I can hear it very clear, a buzzing noise comming out of it. If I put my ear to the top where the fan is mounted it's not as noisy, which makes me belive it's one of the pumps.

During load (when I play games) the machine is just as noisy (or quiet in this case). The machine is quieter than my old rig with a R9 290 ref card but it's not dangerously quiet.

TL;DR - Computer is noisy during idle but quiet during load. Noise levels are the same but it's expected sound a bit during heavy tasks.

Is this normal for this computer or do I have a defective unit? Please advice!

From what you've mentioned so far, it sounds like it probably is one of the pumps. How are temps?

I'll bring a decibel meter home from work today and see exactly how loud it is.

I'm typing this from a Surface Pro which is currently at ~35 dBa with the fan spinning and it's much quieter than my Corsair One Pro so guessing it's somewhere in the 40s aswell.

As it doesnt meet the advertised 20 dBa I guess i'll open a support ticket to see what can be done.

I'd be interested to see what you're able to grab from the decibel meter.

The only course of action I can suggest at this time is to reach out to our support team.

From what you've mentioned so far, it sounds like it probably is one of the pumps. How are temps?

I'd be interested to see what you're able to grab from the decibel meter.

The only course of action I can suggest at this time is to reach out to our support team.

Temps are fine I guess, 50-60 during some WoW at max graphics for a few hours with occasional spikes to 79. GPU running at 46-50 with max being 60 thius session atleast.

Decibel meter says 40-42 during idle and 46-48 during load. Something wrong with my system?

• Corsair Employee
Temps are fine I guess, 50-60 during some WoW at max graphics for a few hours with occasional spikes to 79. GPU running at 46-50 with max being 60 thius session atleast.

Decibel meter says 40-42 during idle and 46-48 during load. Something wrong with my system?

Temps seem alright. The 8700K is a hot chip to begin with. dBA under load sounds correct, idle should be quieter.

Archived