Corsair Community

Corsair Void Still Constantly Turning Off

Ever since I got my VOID, it's been randomly shutting off. Even after being told that CUE had gotten a "Disable auto shutoff" button and ticking it should fix the issue, it didn't. I really hope a fix is available, or at least on the way, because having to restart my headset mid game is borderline impossible sometimes.

When it's about to turn off, it lets off a tone of 5 rapid beeps. Then, around 30 to 60 seconds later, it turns off and has to be turned back on. I also noticed that as far as I can tell it only happens when I am in a Skype call. Otherwise, the headset works fine and is comfortable.

I really hope this is fixed, because this is one of the most comfortable headsets I've ever used, and I don't want to have to choose between functionality and comfort.

My CUE software is fully up to date, and I am using Windows 7.

Edited by Canksilio

Hi everyone, thank you for reporting this and for your patience. Corsair James and I are looking into this issue again but we need a few things.

Can you try to enable audio notifications to see if you hear the voice notification regarding auto-shutdown?

Could you make sure that the auto-shutdown happens every 10-11 minutes?

Also try it without CUE running to see if the issue persist.

I know it's not ideal, but we would like to find out what is causing this issue so we can address it.

I recently reinstalled CUE because I was having this issue on the previous version to see if it was fixed, but the problem still persists for me. At around 10 minutes it will turn itself off, unless sound is received or a button pressed. Using the mic will not stop the auto turn off.

For the month previous I didn't use CUE and had no issues with the headset turning itself off.

I am also experiencing these issues. The Void will "Initiate Auto Shut Off" roughly every ten minutes, regardless of audio input and output: playing a game (WoW), listening to music (Foobar), and talking via VoIP (Discord web app.)

Uninstalling CUE, deleting AppData folder, and reinstalling stopped the issue for perhaps two days. It has resurfaced. Muting/unmuting the mic or pressing the power button will cancel the shut down. The "Disable Auto Shutdown" box is checked in CUE, but it seems to have no effect.

The auto shutoff on the Void is just terrible.

On a daily basis while watching movies in Kodi, playing games by myself, not talking on headset it tries to shut off

There are times it seems to be random when it wants to shutoff

I am very happy with the headset with this exception, which is infuriating

in fact while typing this it decided to try and shut down and I am watching a movie :|

It does that to me as well... but not constantly, sometimes I can go for hours. Sometimes it just nags me every 10 minutes.

It does not happen when I have the charging cable plugged in... but that somehow defeats the purpose of a wireless headset.

Can you maybe try plugging the cable in and see if it stops the auto shut off shenanigans for you too?

Can you maybe try plugging the cable in and see if it stops the auto shut off shenanigans for you too?

I left my headset plugged in for the past 2 nights and it is still on in the morning so yes I guess it does stop it.

Bust as you said, it does make the wireless feature redundant lol

I have the same problem. It happens every 10/12 minutes, especially when I was using Skype. I had to go in the CUE program to click somewhere to cancel the auto-shutdown. I have notification on, and the voice was warning me that the auto-shutdown was initiated every time.

You'll find attached the logs in case that helps. Feel free to contact me by MP if needed. I use Windows 10 64 bits, CUE program up to date and firmware too.

2016-02-25T21-05-58.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would mention I too have this issue.

I would attach the logs, but todays seem to not want to work and the only 3 others im not sure which had the problem in.

My headset is extremely random in how it shuts off. Its getting a little annoying now, being mid raid on mythic on a new boss and something happens and all of a sudden.... headset shuts off.

It did it about 10 minutes ago WHILE plugged in, but typically only does it while on wireless.

• 4 years later...

Hey guys after 2 years of great experiences with Corsair VOID headphones I have the same problem with auto off very randomly. I am very glad to find the reason for this issue (did not know about auto off behaviour).

But is there any solution? I already ordered new battery because I th that it is dead :-D ...Today I tried to remove CUE application because I think that on Windows 7 x64 with old version of app (it had different name) I never had those issues. So I will see if the turning off issue will appears. But I assume that it will work well without any SW. Mine problem was that I actually need auto power off because I sometimes forgot to turn headpohnes off manually. :(

• 1 year later...
Hey guys, similar to what everyone is experiencing, i've had the headset for a few years now - 5 years and just recently, maybe 3 months now, I've had the continuous shut offs. After turning it back on via the power button on the headset does it again anywhere between 2-15mins, it varies all the time. But does it endlessly, it will last longer if i pull the dongle and replug that in. I will attach my exported logs like everyone else in an effort to have you guys find a resolution. Thank you!

corsairVoidLogs.zip

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/2/2021 at 7:01 PM, xerious3d said:

Hey guys, similar to what everyone is experiencing, i've had the headset for a few years now - 5 years and just recently, maybe 3 months now, I've had the continuous shut offs. After turning it back on via the power button on the headset does it again anywhere between 2-15mins, it varies all the time. But does it endlessly, it will last longer if i pull the dongle and replug that in. I will attach my exported logs like everyone else in an effort to have you guys find a resolution. Thank you!

corsairVoidLogs.zip 63.1 kB · 68 downloads

my does the same i got hs80 wireless when u have the charging plug on it dont turn off but when u dont have it on it auto shut off even when u un check the autoshut off button