Corsair Community

link commander and Airflow pro

Ritchie

I have installed my new link commander but was unable to connect the ditgal cable to my airflow pro. I used the cable that came with it. It look like it was to wide it broke of the locking tab . Is there a other cable ? Also I need to replace it where or who do I contact? Thanks

Just got email form Corsair support . IT is a diffent cable . They will be sending me one out, Thanks Guys

My response from support was just this 'Cable should be available soon. Please check back early next week.' Hmm, from that I just could only think that I have to buy this cable.

I'd be only quessing as to what the Airflow pro would report back to the Link unit.. but it's there and I want it! Lol... Actually a very good question.. what link reports is limited to temp, rotation speed (of fans) ..what would it report back,,,?

well the pro can only report back the temps but it does'nt control the fans as its not connected to it unless you link the pro and the cmfan in the software but my temp lights have never changed from blue on the pro no matter how long its on or what i'm doing , i run the fans thru a board controlled fan outlet as its noisy at full 12 volts ( not just this unit , got 2 , both the same ) which keeps it nice n quiet .

If we could get the AirFlow Pro connected to the link unit we could read the temps I think. Then the airflow fan unit could be connected to the fan controller and we could create a profile to run the fans under more controll then hooked to mb fan port. That's was how I was thinking to do with it, but no luck yet.

The response I have on this is that they don't really know. I hope they won't charge us that has been like early birds on this unit.

Here is a quote from the FAQs 'Corsair’s Airflow Pro is the first product completely integrated with Corsair Link.' and they forgott to check how the connector was made on the AirFlow.

So, we have just to wait and see.

I waited for months to assemble my rig after the Corsair Link was announced at Comdex 2011. Nine months later it won't connect to the first device it was supposed to support.

It was a royal pain getting the Airflow Pro connected in the first place. Now I have disassembled it, onl;y to find it is incompatible. Cable was not in Airflow Pro box, and it wasn't in the Corsair link boxes.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok...this product is acting flakier by the passing day. I start my computer this morning, and lo and behold, it sees my AirFlow Pro! It's showing temperature readings at zero, and my H80 temp an pump indicators are all flashing red , BUT it sees my AirFlow Pro! Most amazing, since as you know, they haven't even released a data cable for the unit. It's coming out in a months time or so they say... So, right now, my H80 isn't recognized, my hard drives are being seen, but no teperature updates, my 2nd video card is hit and miss, my cpu is seen as having 2 cores (it has 4), and I had to jimmy a shortcut link in my startup folder to get this application to launch automatically... Call me crazy, but I think this product is coming up a wee bit short. Corsair ....when is your next software update..please>>?

I had a similar problem with the first software. It was calling one of my fans an "Airflow" It was reading the RPMs OK but the funny thing is that I did not have an Airflow in my case.

It changed to a regular fan with the latest software update. Are you running software version 1.2.5 MrFizzbin?

Moin from Hamburg,

still waiting... How long shall we wait?

It´s very disappointing.

Should I build and then rebuild the rig because of one missing cable...?

It´s going to be a very komplex system. It doesn´t make sense to start.

This vision is less than satisfiying me.

I´ve got so much hot stuff here wanted to be as one. But since january the only thing I colud do is watching it while laying on my table.

Greetz

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but I do not have an answer for you just yet I know we are working on the cable but I cannot say how long it will take before it is available in Germany. I have asked the product manager for an update and as soon as I have any information I will share it. In addition, it is just one cable I don't see any reason not to proceed with the system build.

Archived