Corsair Community

Strafe RGB+iCUE 3.1 wont let me save profile to device

FatzZz

Hello together. I experience, since I reinstalled my PC and therefor using the latest icue 3.10.125, some issues because the software wont let me save a profile on the keyboard.

I can smack that "save profile to device" button as hard and often as I want. Nothing happens. After exiting the program I am "greeted" by the standard color profile. :sigh!:

Trying to run the keyboard on different usb ports was not fixing this issue.

Also disconnected the device and re-connected it while holding ESC was not helpful (apart from deleting my last color profile stored on the memory of the keyboard by an old version of the software).

Also I don't understand, why I can't change the language. For your convenience I wanted to switch to English. Well you see the outcome of that.

Honestly I don't know any fix. Maybe someone is able to help me.

Thanks a lot.

is.JPG.6a17816d5c3d15f2822e6f7beda6d48a.JPG

lan.JPG.141b1828c2c9488fa522e355a6288c8b.JPG

Do you have any other Corsair products besides the Strafe? I have Strafe + Dark Core and I had the same problem after doing a factory reset on both devices.

After some messing around I was able to fix the problem by creating and selecting a hardware profile for the Dark Core. With the hardware profile selected I was able to save the lighting profile to the keyboard. If I tried with a software profile selected saving did not work.

Apart from the Strafe RGB I also own Vengeance Memory which shows up on the screenshot with the language settings.

So I should create a profile for the RAM? Not even sure if this is possible since the RAM can only light up static or in breathing mode.

I don't have any Corsair RAM so I can't speak from experience there. The only other things to try I can think of are:

-Downgrade to a prior version of iCue and then try to save.

-Create a new profile as your default, but do it while the RAM is selected in iCue. Then click your Strafe and then try to save. (I'm assuming the RAM does not have a hardware profile option -- if by some strange chance it does, create the new default as a hardware profile)

-Swap the RAM with non-RGB RAM and then try to save.

• 3 weeks later...
Same issue here. K70 LUX RGB and Sabre RGB Mouse. Both will not save on 3.10.125. After reading this thread I thought, no problems I'll go back to the last iCue software I had in my download folder iCUESetup_3.3.103_release. But it just crashes when it loads :sigh!:. I remember there was a firmware update I think as well, I'm not sure if that is what is not letting me use the older software, or if the firmware is the problem itself? Ether way this is really annoying! It's been a few weeks now, how quick are they to fix these types of things normally?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived