Corsair Community

Corsair Ironclaw RGB lose connection

OverCluster

Hi,

I'm currently using a Corsair Ironclaw RGB mouse. The thing is, the mouse disconnects when using vía 2.4Ghz connection.

When I turn it on, it won't move the cursor. Sometimes I fix it by unplugging the USB Dongle in the front USB 2.0 port, and other times i just have with the wired.

I wanted to know if there is a specific method to resincrhonize again. I know that pressing one or more keys the mouse starts searching for the USB Dongle.

Thanks so much,

I had a short bout with this when it first came out, but that was a few iCUE versions ago. It would loose the connection on wake from sleep. A quick re-plug of the USB dongle was the fastest resolution and the problem went away and has not returned.

Which iCUE version are you using? Is there anything in particular that is triggering it? Or does it randomly drop while in use?

• 2 weeks later...
I had a short bout with this when it first came out, but that was a few iCUE versions ago. It would loose the connection on wake from sleep. A quick re-plug of the USB dongle was the fastest resolution and the problem went away and has not returned.

Which iCUE version are you using? Is there anything in particular that is triggering it? Or does it randomly drop while in use?

I also have this problem some time - my Ironclaw Wireless doesn't wake from sleep then PC wakes from sleep mode. Turning switch to "off - on" doesn't resolve this problem.

The resolution is to:

1. replug USB dongle

2. set PC to sleep mode again and wake it up

After re out of sleep mode the mouse starts to work. The problem only occurs then PC wakes from sleep. When mouse normally wakes it doesn't disconnects or other problems.

This problem occurs quite often. I'm using last versions of iCUE and firmware.

Edited by Syberon

The wake from sleep problem was my issue as well and it was pretty much every single time. Went on for two weeks, stopped, and has never happened again. I don’t think I changed iCUE versions at that time, so I wonder if it is a Windows issue. I am on 1903 now and was then, but something clearly changed.

• 2 weeks later...
The wake from sleep problem was my issue as well and it was pretty much every single time. Went on for two weeks, stopped, and has never happened again. I don’t think I changed iCUE versions at that time, so I wonder if it is a Windows issue. I am on 1903 now and was then, but something clearly changed.

I have Windows 1903 and this issue is still occur. I think that problem is in dongle because switching mouse to "on - off - on" doesn't helps. Only replugging of dongle or set pc to sleep mode and wake it up again helps. I tried to use dongle with different USB ports (USB 2.0/3.0/3.1 what provided by different controllers on motherboard) but it doesn't helped.

• 2 months later...

My Corsair ironclas wireless rbg doesn't work anymore over 2.4GHz. When connected to the cable it shows up in iCue as Ironclaw RGB Wireless (1) and when I also plugin the slipstream dongle and icon with the name Ironclaw RGB Wireless appears. However when only plugged in using the slipstream dongle the mouse will show up in iCue, but won't work at all.

Can someone help me to fix my issue?

Thanks in advance!

My Corsair ironclas wireless rbg doesn't work anymore over 2.4GHz. When connected to the cable it shows up in iCue as Ironclaw RGB Wireless (1) and when I also plugin the slipstream dongle and icon with the name Ironclaw RGB Wireless appears. However when only plugged in using the slipstream dongle the mouse will show up in iCue, but won't work at all.

Can someone help me to fix my issue?

Thanks in advance!

Seems the iCUE device setup is a little wonky on your system. I suggest doing a repair install. If this doesn't fix it, then uninstall, and then manually remove leftover directories. (I don't have them off hand) Then install iCUE with the Slipstream dongle already installed.

After the most recent Windows updates, I started having this issue again as well and got locked out of 2.4 mode. Unlike before, unplugging and reconnecting the receiver did not work. To get going again, I connected another mouse, went into the Device Manager and uninstalled the Iron Claw Wireless and let it delete the driver. Restart the machine and plug the Iron Claw back in (wired mode). It should re-load the driver automatically. After iCUE is up and running, put the 2.4 receiver back in and switch over to wireless mode. Good so far, but it has only been a measly 24 hours.

After the most recent Windows updates, I started having this issue again as well and got locked out of 2.4 mode. Unlike before, unplugging and reconnecting the receiver did not work. To get going again, I connected another mouse, went into the Device Manager and uninstalled the Iron Claw Wireless and let it delete the driver. Restart the machine and plug the Iron Claw back in (wired mode). It should re-load the driver automatically. After iCUE is up and running, put the 2.4 receiver back in and switch over to wireless mode. Good so far, but it has only been a measly 24 hours.

This problem didn’t disappeared for me and tormented me all the time with this mouse own. I opened a ticket in support and get RMAed my mouse, but the problem doesn't disappeared on new mouse that i received from Corsair service. And now support stuff saying to me that they can't repeat this behavior on their systems.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The same issue popped up for me, today, too. Directly when I started the PC and the mouse. I could not connect to the USB wireless adapter. Mouse was just pulsating white. No PC restart nor mouse restarts worked.

I fixed this specific problem (out of all the other still existing IronClaw issues) by connecting with the USB cable, open iCue and "reinitialize USB adapter" in the iCue settings.

• 4 weeks later...
You have two of them and are havbing the same issue? So am I I think if i were you I'd stay away from Corsairs mice for awhile and go with somthing a bit more reliable like Logitech or Razor... I have a Darkcore RGB half the tiem i have to reconnect the dongle so I can use the mouse but recently its not recongizing it at all any more says disconnected i plug it in wired via usb its fine I willl never get anotehr corsair mouse again if they tend to have issues like this I have a wireless keyboard from them too i haven't had any issues with it yet and have had it for quite a while now.

You have two of them and are havbing the same issue? So am I I think if i were you I'd stay away from Corsairs mice for awhile and go with somthing a bit more reliable like Logitech or Razor... I have a Darkcore RGB half the tiem i have to reconnect the dongle so I can use the mouse but recently its not recongizing it at all any more says disconnected i plug it in wired via usb its fine I willl never get anotehr corsair mouse again if they tend to have issues like this I have a wireless keyboard from them too i haven't had any issues with it yet and have had it for quite a while now.

I have now given up on Corsair mice, two Dark Core SE's with the wireless feezing (Have to unplug and replug wireless dongle), worse two other friends all bought around same time and they too have the same issue. I bought one for laptop and desktop, thanks to the MM800's hump in middle, using it wired it awful, but ill just use it wired on my lappy.... buying wireless mice to use it wired lovely.

It replaced an ironclaw that had the mouse wheel just break after a few months (threads on here about that too), sad part is I only used it as a wheel, never even used the side to side or its button feature.

I am slowly beginning to question my investment in Corsair peripherals, had no end of issues with ST100 as well. My PSU/Memory/Fans/XD Pump are all working great, just hope it stays that way.

I have now given up on Corsair mice, two Dark Core SE's with the wireless feezing (Have to unplug and replug wireless dongle), worse two other friends all bought around same time and they too have the same issue. I bought one for laptop and desktop, thanks to the MM800's hump in middle, using it wired it awful, but ill just use it wired on my lappy.... buying wireless mice to use it wired lovely.

It replaced an ironclaw that had the mouse wheel just break after a few months (threads on here about that too), sad part is I only used it as a wheel, never even used the side to side or its button feature.

I am slowly beginning to question my investment in Corsair peripherals, had no end of issues with ST100 as well. My PSU/Memory/Fans/XD Pump are all working great, just hope it stays that way.

I too am starting to question my integrity with Corsair products. Don't get me wrong their K95 Platinum is an amazing keyboard, and I have very few issues with my void wireless save for the overly sensitive mic. I feel they're mainly lacking in the mouse department. I'd hate to see my Ironclaw Wireless go, but at some point it may be time to make the switch.

I too am starting to question my integrity with Corsair products. Don't get me wrong their K95 Platinum is an amazing keyboard, and I have very few issues with my void wireless save for the overly sensitive mic. I feel they're mainly lacking in the mouse department. I'd hate to see my Ironclaw Wireless go, but at some point it may be time to make the switch.

Switch for me made, back to Logitech with a G903 wireless, so far it worked! yeah been a day but thats a day longer then either of my dark core mice, and only needs to last about 2 months to beat my ironclaw.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have the same problem and i resolve it with a guide that you have in the ICUE app: resincronize the connection between the mouse and the usb receptor. For do this you must put off the mouse, press and hold the "up profile button" (one that changes the profile) and put on again de power of the mouse and hold the button until the conection is on.

• 1 month later...

I have the Ironclaw wireless mouse like all of you here and I have spent so much time trying to find the same answer you are all looking for. I cant tell you how many different things that I have read and tried. Finally I was able to get someone who actually was very helpful from support. It was a fast easy fix. These directions are from the support team

Make sure the wireless dongle of your mouse is connected to your PC.

Open iCUE.

Click SETTINGS.

Click the Initiate button next to “USB Wireless Receiver Pairing.”

Turn off the wireless mouse you want to pair.

Make sure that the switch on the bottom of your mouse is set to 2.4 GHz.

Hold down the profile button that’s located directly under the mouse wheel.

Turn on the mouse.

You should see a PAIRING SUCCESSFUL! message when the mouse is paired.

It worked for me . unfortunately it did need to be done once more about 2 weeks later. I hope this helps

• 1 month later...

I was having a similar issue after moving my desk to another room in the house.

I have a Corsair K57 Wireless keyboard and Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless mouse. They've been working perfectly for the last two weeks but as soon as I turned on my PC in the new room, the mouse would respond normally and then the signal would start to stutter after about 5-10 seconds and then cut out completely. About 5 seconds later, the stutter resumes and cursor movement becomes intermittent, jerky and erratic.

I reinstalled iCue but the problem remained.

With iCue open, recreating the error shows the mouse appears as 'powered off' in iCue when the signal cuts out. When the cursor moves again after it has cut out, iCue still shows the mouse as powered off.

The only fix was to unplug and replug the receiver but it would be another 5-10 seconds before the signal cut out again.

The mouse works perfectly fine with the USB cable.

[MY SOLUTION]

I moved the mouse receiver away from the keyboard receiver (on the left side of my machine) into an Anker USB extender (which is on top of the machine). Only about a 10cm move but it seems to have made the difference. Mouse is now working as it used to.

I've found that with some hardware combos, the multiple wireless dongles may step on each other, indicating they are selecting too similar channels to communicate. Often I can solve this by turning both off, then turn on the kb, then the mouse. (My K63 and Dark Core did this often)