Corsair Community

Again MP510 and WIndows 7 x64

Hello Corsair,

I bought Force MP510 NVMe...but.....

I find it little shame because of no driver for your products.

My motherboard is Asrock AB350M, which provides full support for Windows 7 x64 version. And is not only my board(other brands again have supprort for this windows verison too.

So the question is: Why you don`t have a driver for NVMe for win 7 x64 ? I`m not the only one that want to install that windows on this NVMe drive, but the drive is not recognize by the install. Also no driver to be "loaded" by option "Load driver" (for that driver i`m talking about) It`s awesome SSD, but no support at all. Only windows 10 has native support for NVMe at the installation, but this is some kind of "generic" support.

I found that Samsung has drivers, Intel have drivers, even OCZ have drivers, other brands too. Why Corsair(one of the leaders) don`t ?

Please consider this as a BIG mistake and please fix that mistake. You will make many many users happy !

Edited by yovko82

Hello Corsair,

I bought Force MP510 NVMe...but.....

I find it little shame because of no driver for your products.

My motherboard is Asrock AB350M, which provides full support for Windows 7 x64 version. And is not only my board(other brands again have supprort for this windows verison too.

So the question is: Why you don`t have a driver for NVMe for win 7 x64 ? I`m not the only one that want to install that windows on this NVMe drive, but the drive is not recognize by the install. Also no driver to be "loaded" by option "Load driver" (for that driver i`m talking about) It`s awesome SSD, but no support at all. Only windows 10 has native support for NVMe at the installation, but this is some kind of "generic" support.

I found that Samsung has drivers, Intel have drivers, even OCZ have drivers, other brands too. Why Corsair(one of the leaders) don`t ?

Please consider this as a BIG mistake and please fix that mistake. You will make many many users happy !

Don't forget that the Corsair 510 series are built to a reference design based around a Phison E12 controller (https://www.anandtech.com/show/13080/the-phison-e12-nvme-ssd-controller-preview). Other vendors, like Silicon Power, use the same reference design. Essentially this is a form of badge engineering. The point is, that if anyone were to produce specific drivers, then it would be Phison rather than Corsair... but they obviously don't see the need.

On Windows 10, both the native Microsoft AHCI and Intel RST drivers can be used to control these devices. Sorry to say this, but Windows 7 is obsolete. If it's native AHCI drivers cannot see the 510, then I suggest that you try the Intel RST drivers.

Edited by Yemble

Again nothing... i try to "Load driver", select folder with Intel RST downloaded from site.

Nothing found for my hardware.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26759/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005

The RST drivers are generic, designed for PC RAID systems on ANY Intel based motherboards, but they can also support single AHCI drives. Depending upon your BIOS, you may need to enable Intel RST drive support first, especially if the mobo is recent. However, if this is an AMD board, then you may be out of luck.

Is the MP510 actually visible in your AsRock BIOS? If not, then you will need to address that issue first?

Why are you still using Windows 7, when Windows 10 has been around for four years now? IMHO, you seem to be making life unnecessarily difficult for yourself...

Edited by Yemble

It`s visible in bios, i even install Windows 7 on HDD, then now i see the drive , even can copy and make tests on it. 3081 Mb/s read speed :)

And yes, AM4 board is.

SO i think the problem is not the drive itself, but some driver for Motherboard controller.

When i try to install those updates MSU.... it show me that they are already installed....

Full mess!

Edited by yovko82

It`s visible in bios, i even install Windows 7 on HDD, then now i see the drive , even can copy and make tests on it. 3081 Mb/s read speed :)

And yes, AM4 board is.

SO i think the problem is not the drive itself, but some driver for Motherboard controller.

When i try to install those updates MSU.... it show me that they are already installed....

Full mess!

At least you seem to be making some progress now :biggrin:

I can't remember if Windows 7 automatically recognises SSD drives properly, or whether it assumes HDD for new drives. That feature may have come in with Windows 8. It's worth checking that out, because you will want TRIM to be working for the MP510.

Now that you can see it, it should be possible to make it bootable via a partitioning program, such as MiniTool, then clone your HDD Windows installation.

Edited by Yemble

• 5 months later...

Hi If you dont mind me asking how did you get this to work then....to actually install Win 7 on your drive...I have an AM4 MSI board and have the same issues as you had ? The drive is found in the BIOS but the only drivers on my WIN 7 image are for Samsung and Intel ?

Hope you can help because Corsair support is sadly lacking !

• 1 year later...
Hi If you dont mind me asking how did you get this to work then....to actually install Win 7 on your drive...I have an AM4 MSI board and have the same issues as you had ? The drive is found in the BIOS but the only drivers on my WIN 7 image are for Samsung and Intel ?

Hope you can help because Corsair support is sadly lacking !

It would appear that he simply cloned his OS onto the Corsair M.2 NVME drive using AOMEI backupper. I'm comfortable with Windows 7, so I did the same using macrium reflect. It works. :)

*For those that must have a dedicated driver for their Corsair m.2 nvme drive. I was able to use the "pure" 64bit Samsung NVMe Driver for Win7 x64, which can be had here;-

https://www.win-raid.com/t29f25-Recommended-AHCI-RAID-and-NVMe-Drivers.html#msg61

This allowed me to score this much on 'Userbenchmark'. - **SSD**|[Corsair Force NVMe PCIe M.2 960GB - 342.6% :) Also, installing the samsung driver allows access to the corsair toolbox being now able to actually read the drive.

Edited by LeighPing
Updated info.