Corsair Community

Cannot update firmware

ropd

I am trying to update my CorsairLink 2 firmware (current version is 1.0.0) for my H80i. When I click the "update firmware" button it brings up "devices" and I click on the H80i. When I click on the box to the right of the "file" box it brings up a screen with all the files, folders, drives, etc. that are on my computer. At the bottom it has a "file" box that says "FW" and to right of that a box with S19. What am I missing here?

OK, I think I figured it out. The pic is in the post prior to this. Maybe they aren't firmware numbers but version numbers. How do I determine my current firmware? I'm starting to really feel stupid on this matter.

That's where the hangup is. When I go to the filebox there's nothing there except "Please select a download file". I would think when I hit the update firmware box it would eventually ask me where I wanted the file downloaded. Did you look at the second pic I sent?

That should be "Please select a firmware file!"

Well I see a bunch of people have looked but no one has any suggestions except wytnyt and I think he may be stumped. Maybe tomorrow.

:D:

no,i just nodded off waiting and watching a dumb movie called''vampires suck'' with my grand daughter:roll:

looks like its been answered tho.

No, not using Commander. But I figured it out about 9 last night by doing what rea1high and Toasted said. Downloaded it from this site, extracted then browsed in the update firmware box and loaded it. It's just nowhere in any of the instructions does it say to do it that way. The instructions led me to believe that all you do is hit the update firmware button, choose the hardware and voila, the file appears in the file box ready to be extracted and installed. When I was making my initial inquiries here I read the link program itself was an automatic firmware downloader. If that's so, mine isn't working. Downloaded 1.05 since I don't think I needed any of the changes in 06 or 07. As soon as it installed my fan sped up to jet speeds then dropped to silent. I had to check the fans with a flashlight to make sure they were turning. Any good reason I should use 1.06 or 1.07? Also should I update to the beta version? Right now my LEDs don't work at all (didn't before all this mess either). I'm a little leary because it still seems pretty buggy.

these software and firmware can be confusing especially when a single word in a question can change everything around.

considering the complexity of these units and software there will always be some issues.

you should decide if it works ok before going to newer software as those can have different results also.

but if you do go newer,you can roll it back if desired.

glad you got it going.

you can try 1.0.7 ,this addresses led bugs

Thanks wytnyt. But just for clarification is the firmware downloader supposed to automatically download the file? Or, do you need to download the file outside of the Link software then plug it in on your own?

Thanks wytnyt. But just for clarification is the firmware downloader supposed to automatically download the file? Or, do you need to download the file outside of the Link software then plug it in on your own?

no you d/l it

I guess I misunderstood what I read. I'll try the beta firmware later. Now it's time to clean up my yard after all the winds we've been having. Lots of dead palm fronds and spanish moss all over. Thanks again.

I guess I misunderstood what I read. I'll try the beta firmware later. Now it's time to clean up my yard after all the winds we've been having. Lots of dead palm fronds and spanish moss all over. Thanks again.

ill do your update if you do my yard:D:

Let me think that over for a minu..NO

Besides, not only is my update done, so is my yard. Well, except mowing. That's Monday. It'll probably be a balmy 90 degrees by then.

Archived