Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 1000D Build Log/How to Guide

yeah sorry buddy i am hard tube..

http://i.imgur.com/YBpQHzjl.jpg

Thanks man. Gives me a bit of an idea anyhow with relative sizing.

where you have the elbows and shorter hard-tube compressions on either end and then tube between, I would have to go either:

1) elbow to soft-tube compression to like thirty milimeters of tube (doubtful if it can be done far as I see, not enough room for the compression sleeves to move around on that short bit of tubing between the two sides, barring some "mount one side fully, put the loose sleeve on as far away from the barb on second side arrangement), or

2) elbow to spacer fittings all the way across, which is my backup plan just gotta work out the actual travel distance. i've got a handful of male-to-male bitspowers that match and a collection of different sized male-to-female spacers so I should be able to make that work.

One of my rads finally came in today, it's waiting at the store - so I should be able to get some actual on-hand measurements and start confirming assumptions.

Cheers, and thanks for providing. Even seeing the rad spacing as they sit on the fan panel is instructive, and helps with the concern.

I'll try to take pictures of whatever I get done when I get it done, in the name of sharing for others who encounter the similar questions.

Edited by Zone55555

i did it with only one rad bolted in fully and the other in via one bolt at the other end which gave me a some stability and a small bit of room to push the tubing into the fitting. was easy enough.

and yay.. posting your results certainly helps others buddy :). and feel free to fire any questions you have your self. happy to take photos of areas of interest in and around the build

Edited by Zotty

• 1 month later...

Good Evening Zotty,

I'm new to the Corsair Forums and have been reading your thread over the past few months for inspiration on my own Corsair Obsidian 1000D Build. (really great build by the way) :D:

I'm planning out a Dual Build System and have been struggling to plan out how to setup my system to have two builds in one custom loop (all watercooling parts are EK and Loop fans (Corsair) will utilise Commander Pro's and Light Node Pro's currently planning to use 25 fans in push/pull configuration).

I'm trying to plan the loop to allow both system in the case to power on the loop (not sure if it's possible). I haven't been able to figure out how to go about it. if possible could you help me out by making a diagram for this configuration.

I will be using a drain location directly after the pump (res is separated by fitting and tubing then connects to pump) after that will be rotary - x splitter - (attached to front of x Splitter, Back of x Splitter will be closed off with a Plug) rotary and (finally) Ball Baring drain fitting.

The reservoir will be placed in the area where mounting area is to the front of case (if that makes sense) pump underneath it.

my Builds will mainly be used for Gaming (4K HDR 60fps minimum), 3D Rendering, 3D Modelling, teaching myself how to code in Unreal 4 and Unity Engine, Texturing and playing around with game engines.

1st Build (ITX): (playing around with Game Engines, Texturing)

AMD R9 3900X

G.Skill Flare X 16GB 3200mhz CL14 RAM

Gigabyte X570-I Aorus Pro

Corsair SF750W Platinum PSU

Samsung 512GB Pro NVMe M.2 SSD (boot drive)

Samsung 3TB (SATA II) HDD (from old Build)

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD (from old build)

Intel 300 Series 120GB SSD

Sandisk 480GB Extreme SSD

Gigabyte 1080Ti Waterforce Extreme (AIO)

Windows 10 Pro

2nd Build: (Rendering, 3D modelling, Gaming)

AMD R9 3950X (when available) - need to purchase

G.Skill Trident Z Royal (Gold) either (4x8GB Quad channel CL14 3200mhz or 2x16GB Dual Channel CL14 3200mhz) - need to purchase

Asus X470 ROG Crosshair Hero VII (WIFI)

Corsair AX1200i (considering this to be a test PSU for dead components/building other peoples PC. may consider getting Corsair AX1000 Titanium)

Samsung 2TB M.2 NVMe (PCIe) EVO Plus SSD (boot drive) - need to purchase

(2x maybe) AMD High-End Navi (when available and will be adding to loop) - need to purchase

Windows 10 Pro - need to purchase

Watercoooling Parts:

EK PE 480 rads (2)

EK CE 420 rad (1)

EK ACF fittings - Copper (16)

EK Res X3 250 RGB

EK Pump (sleeved)

EK Velocity (AMD) Copper Plexi (for 3900X)

EK Monoblock (AMD) (for Crosshair VII Hero)

EK X Splitter

EK Male to Male rotary fitting (2)

EK Ball Baring Drain fitting

EK QDC fittings 10mm - Black (7)

Other Components:

PrimoChill Primoflex AdvancedLRT clear tubing 10ft (10mmID,16mmOD)

Corsair LL120 - white (19) (3 x three pack with Light Node Pro)

Corsair LL140 - Black (6) (3 x dual pack with Light Node Pro)

Corsair Commander Pro (2) (not including inbuilt Obsidian 1000D Commander Pro) - need to purchase

would i be better off going two separate loops if its not possible for the both systems on one loop?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :D:

Kind Regards,

CamStrifeFFVII

Edited by CamStrifeFFVII

Hi buddy...

so, first i should say i am not familiar with EK products :(. just not had chance to play with them..

and imho i would run it as 2 separate loops purely for the safety and Independence of each system.

another thing you need to be sure of is Rad sizes.. some manufacturers specs/rads are a little bigger than others and may not fit side by side in the front of the 1000d, which may also present clearance issues with the top of the front rads and the front of the top rad....

hope this helps so far buddy.

Hey Zotty,

I have had my build up and running for around 4 or 5 months now. Not that much different to yours in the cooling side of things 30 rgb fans in mine :D.

I did run into an issue this quickly though possibly due to powering the RGBs. A few fans have needed replaced already due to faulty RGBs. This may be because I exceeded the 4.5A power limit on the sata cables connecting the hubs to PSU.

I learned this the hard way but this isn't 100% but just to avoid the possibility of this being the cause... How did you power up all your hubs without putting them on the same cables? :bigeyes:?

By the way, nice work with yours... It's a hellova job eh? :D:

Hi buddy...

so, first i should say i am not familiar with EK products :(. just not had chance to play with them..

and imho i would run it as 2 separate loops purely for the safety and Independence of each system.

another thing you need to be sure of is Rad sizes.. some manufacturers specs/rads are a little bigger than others and may not fit side by side in the front of the 1000d, which may also present clearance issues with the top of the front rads and the front of the top rad....

hope this helps so far buddy.

Thanks for the advice Zotty,

I'll make it separate loops to make things a little easier.

appreciate the suggestions :)

I'll get another pump and reservoir, I'll use one of the front 480 rads on for the ITX build. i'll use the other 480 and 420 rads for the 3950X build.

As for the the radiators, I used the EKWB custom loop configurator to help with the rad compatibility for the Corsair Obsidian 1000D case. When I got them in the mail, I made sure to fit them, in which they did and with plenty of clearance as well :)

I'll start thinking about locations to put in the second pump combo so i can plan in another drain fitting.

Thanks again for the help :)

CamStrifeFFVII

you should be able to get both pumps on the pump tray on top of the HDD caddy...

as seen in this build,,, this one actually has 3 pumps. if only 2 pumps are fitted they will sit further back on the tray....

[ame]

[/ame]

hi bud... its a 4.5A limit on the sata plug.. not the cable its self.

and thanks,, mines still a build in progress, work/life has been in the way, got a full day at it tomorrow :)

You've got me confused haha. I have had 2 or more hubs attached to a single sata power cable which goes to the same plug no? This exceeds the limit.

There is just not enough peripheral slots on the PSU to have them all separate on 1 system.

Have you still got this part to figure out too?

Ohhh that must be frustrating working so much knowing it's waiting to be complete! :confused:

Enjoy it tomorrow :)

wait....

so...

plugged into your PSU you would have a cable with 4 Sata Power Connectors.. each Sata Power connector is 4.5A max...... and I don't recommend using Sata Power 'y' splitters...

Wow, I was being reeaaallly stupid haha.

I thought you meant the plug that goes into the PSU at the end of the sata cable, not each individual sata connector haha :rofl:.

My bad!

I definitely don't use y splitters on the sata lines, that would be far too scary for my system :bigeyes:

Well that still leaves me with a problem, why did 5 LEDs in 5 of my fans go faulty around the same time :eyebuldge

Thanks for helping ease my mind about the sata lines, I have no worries now other than, will more of my fans keep dying on me :dunno:

Enjoy your day off with the build bud!

Edited by Fwashy

i have no answer as to why you have had 5 go bad at same time buddy.. its a very unusual situation.. i can only go off of my own experience which is, i have had 6 LL fans in my 570x build since the LL fans day of release (2 years or so?) not a single issue.. to add to that.. 30 of them in my 1000d and again.. no issues.. although that is a relatively new situation so time will tell.. wish i could help further dude

wait....

so...

plugged into your PSU you would have a cable with 4 Sata Power Connectors.. each Sata Power connector is 4.5A max...... and I don't recommend using Sata Power 'y' splitters...

yep.. already told him lol

Update..

Rads/Fans/Pump/Drains (front and back)/GPU Block/flow-temp sensor/filter all fitted

this was my final RGB/Fan Control setup

http://i.imgur.com/fBgDuFrl.png

Excuse the AOI and its cable mess. so far i have managed to keep it as a running system while adding bits here and there.

http://i.imgur.com/lThNYvAl.jpg

I decided to try the GPU in the ITX mounts to give a bit more room (lol) running tubing behind the GPU as well as give me room to add a small wifi/BT card. Should be noted the the cover/plate for the itx rear IO and its PSU has to be 'modded' so you can use the case itx pci slots without said itx being fitted (hope that made sense lol..

http://i.imgur.com/YEHXV6il.png

http://i.imgur.com/QcItHKSl.jpg

Not so sure i will stick with the fittings that run from GPUU to upper Rad in the below image.. i feel it suddenly looks 'industrial' so may do a ben or 2 there

http://i.imgur.com/HWpuVHEl.jpg[/img]

Edited by Zotty

Hey guys, newbie to this forum here, I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to post pictures of the D1000 with a tape measure thrown across it in the mobo bay. I'm trying to figure out how the 14"x14" ASUS ROG Dominus Extreme mobo and cooling res. would bolt up and fit in it. Thanks for any and all help

hi Zotty,

i am bulding a similar rig but i do have one question about hydro X how did you set Hydro X Series XF Ball Valve?

i mean i am lost what did you used to set it up with any other part?

Update.

2nd Hydro X XdD5 Pump/Res Combo added and the loop split into 2. (CPU/GPU)

http://i.imgur.com/eGobczbl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6ZAclDXl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NRiD1tNl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/D5oK5Jql.jpg

thx mate for the zoom pic but i still dont get what piece you are using to fit two pieces of metal together

maybe with Hydro X Series XF Rotary Y-Splitter by just taking the bottom part?

hey buddy..

here is how i did mine

http://i.imgur.com/zyrmRJPl.jpg

out of rad to T piece.. 90 degree rotary on bottom of T piece and tap screwed on the the 90 degree rotary

Edited by frig