Corsair Community

Force 3 60 GB Raid and non raid performance problem

slCk

Hi!

I have some problems geting my SSDs to work at rated speeds. i 1st used them in raid 0 cfg but the performance was equal to the one of a single drive. then installed the os on the ssd connected to the sata3_0 and used the other one for apps. it seems that one of them, the one connected to the sata3_1, used for apps, it is recognized as beeing sata2 instead of sata3. when in raid, the same problem. one of them is sata3 one sata 2. what is the problem? they are both connected to the sata3 ports controlled by the intel chipset.

today i tried installing the OS on both of them one at a time, using both sata3 connectors, one at time, and using different types of cables. The only thing i could achieve is bringing them to the rated read speed, while the write speed ar still in sata 2 specs.

i still can t make them work in raid 0 or non raid as they should.

i am using the latest version of intel RST and the latest driverss for my mobo. for measuring the performance i used atto.

any ideas?

Wow, glad I'm not the only one having this problem, here's my thread I posted a couple of days ago: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=96953.

As I said in the thread, with the single drive connected I got the rated specs but when raided I got the specs of just one drive. There have been a couple times under raid 0 when I ran ATTO and I got the right specs but it hasn't been constant. I don't know whats up, I have done everything you have I have updated drivers and did a test using intel RST and not using it. But still same problem. My board is the same as your but its the UD4.

yeap, you are not alone ...

I have the exact same problem. When raided, one is acting like a sata 2 SSD, limiting the other one. One thing o noticed: raid or not, when both connected, i opened the RST an clicked advanced so that i can see the interface type. just after i start atto, one of the SSD is changing from sata 3 to sata 2. maybe this helps ...

btw, in raid i never got better performance that with one drive only.

for now it seems that the best option for me is to use them in raid. this way i have 120 gigs and 510 MB/560 MB write read.

I put them again in raid yesterday. I installed the OS, but after the installation process finished in the raid bios one of them had the "Problem occured" status. The computer started freezing every time it passed the logon screen. So i had to reinstall the OS on a single drive. This was after i secure erased them. Now both drives seem to work, but again at sata 2 specs. I have no more options. I am waiting for an answear from somebody at corsair, although i don't think much can be done. i will have to replace them. i am really dissapointed.

PS: I connected the SSD-s to the Marvell ports. The same problem. In atto, once it passes the 64 K mark in file size, the write speeds lower to 250-270. On both SSD-s. So i guess the only possible problem/s is/are the SSDs. Now, if i would only receive an answear from somebody, PLS. I am going mad if i have to open my case one more time and change cables/drivers/ports, etc.

Yea I did the same exact thing as you yesterday along with some of the advice some suggested to me in that other thread. First I loaded just one drive with windows tested it and the other drive and I got both their rated speeds when they were separate. Then I switched them to see if it was the ports or the cables and they still worked. So then I secured erased them with parted magic and set them as a raid again loaded up windows 7 and then re-ran ATTO & AS SSD and the first test came back good, then I did a restart tested it again and ATTO froze so I had to kill it and restart and when I did that I got the error occurred on my raid in red letters for one of the drives. And then windows hung at the flag screen. So I was just fed up and took both drives out and sent them back to Newegg today. I contacted Newegg earlier in the week just in case it came to these not being able to run correctly, which it did and they allowed me to get a refund (on a newegg gift card minus %15 restocking fee). This isn't the only reason I opted for a refund and not a RMA but along with the dissapearing drives in ACHI mode people are having plus some things I read with this drive not working on some Macbooks (which I own and eventually was thinking of using a GT for that). So I guess I'll try something else to see if that works better. Hope everything works out for you.

Ty, me too. For now i am still waiting for an answear. A refund is not possible for me, and honestly i do not need the money. I need my drives to work as they should. I wont say i should have gone with another brand because everybody seems to have these problems, but i expected corsair to be more responsive.

Regarding the speeds when using only one drive ... none of them works at the rated read and write speeds at the same time.

Trust me I would of stuck with these GT's because like you said I need the drives to work, but there is obviously something wrong if Im not the only one with the problem, and as far as my knowledge I have tried everything I could and used all the updated software & newest firmware to the board.

I really only went with a raid configuration for double the space and the speed boost was going to be an added benefit but running as the same speed of one drive wouldn't be cutting it. But your case is a little bit different than mine because if your not even getting the spec speeds while at one drive then I would RMA those Asap.

I probably will. still waiting for an answear ... I can't used them in raid because my PC freezes ... If it would work i could wait a bit more for a fix ...

NOW, why isn't anyone from corsair here? Come on people ... how difficult can it be .... ?

update: my pc is having trouble loading the windows ... i get alot the disk read error ... also bluescreens ...

I tried the RMA module but i cant find my SSDs model in the dropdown list. What should i do ? I can't stay with my drives on the desk forever. An answear from corsair would be much appreciated. TY!

• 1 month later...

Hello again!

A few weeks ago i opened a thread here because my SSDs refused to work at rated speeds, single and raided, because of freezes, blue screens etc. I did everything i could to make them work ... changed cables, settings, bios settings, updated drivers, bios, etc. I finnaly decided to Rma them.

A few days ago the replacement ones arrived. I noticed that almost no one comes here to tell us what happened ... to tell if the new one/ones works ... if the RMA fixed the problems. Well, in my case it did. here are the results.

Thank you corsair, even if you failed to answear to my thread.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/696/happyy.jpg

Archived