Corsair Community

H110i GT pump noise. Air or unavoidable?

Blaqlite

Hey guys! Been gradually chasing out sound from my system only to be hit with the most stubborn one yet. I've confirmed that the noise is not coming from any other fan in the system. I'm fairly confident it's coming from the pump but it may also be coming from the rad. Existing independently of fan and pump speeds. Take a listen and lemme know what you think.

It's sort of a low gurgle, or whirling sound. Lemme know if you can hear it or if I need to find a better way to capture it. It's NOT the loud whining noise. Thanks!

[ame]

[/ame]

Definitely a pump and it has the typical CoolIT sound. It’s quite loud on the recording, but I don’t know if that is mic proximity or actual loudness. I don’t hear anything abnormal in the tone, but if you think you have an air bubble, try cycling the pump speed from low to high to low and repeat every 10-20 seconds to try and push it out. You can also try tipping the case a little during this to help things along.

Definitely a pump and it has the typical CoolIT sound. It’s quite loud on the recording, but I don’t know if that is mic proximity or actual loudness. I don’t hear anything abnormal in the tone, but if you think you have an air bubble, try cycling the pump speed from low to high to low and repeat every 10-20 seconds to try and push it out. You can also try tipping the case a little during this to help things along.

Just to be clear, there's two main noises in the video. A loud whining, which I believe to be the pump's typical noise and one you can't really hear outside the case. The second is a lower, more subtle whirring sound that you can hear quite a bit closed case. You believe both are normal pump noises?

I don't think you have air bubbles. It usually produces a static-like pop or something similar. I can't quite distinguish the whir from anything else. I would typically describe the pump sound as a whir when set to the higher speed and probably the lower on at close proximity. At 2000-3000 rpm, it's going to be high frequency noise.

Probably no GPU load at that moment, but even on a fanless full water cooled model I can hear the power load up and it is also high frequency. Look out for changes in pitch that run with fan speed changes or load changes. There could be some kind of harmonic loop related to something in your system, but chasing that down is usually quite difficult. I don't want to tell you to start swapping SATA cables and PSU ports unless there is a serious issue.

Archived