The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-21-2015, 06:41 PM
Corsair James's Avatar
Corsair James Corsair James is offline
iCUE Product Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 4,492
POST ID # = 774003
Corsair James Reputation: 75
Default Limited Availability: Corsair RGB K70/K95 RGB MX Blue

Hi all,

We were able to source a very small number of Cherry MX Blue RGB switches for K70 and K95 RGB keyboard availability. These will be exclusive for our webstore only and preorders are open. We're looking at 3-4 week availability for these to ship out and the webstore will provide more details.

Please keep in mind that there are a very small number of these keyboards as these are not a permanent addition to the line-up due to low demand for MX Blue in general. However, we know there are a select few of you here in the forums who desire it so here is the notice before anyone else gets word.

Links:

K70 RGB MX Blue NA Layout: http://gaming.corsair.com/en-us/cors...cherry-mx-blue

K95 RGB MX Blue NA Layout: http://gaming.corsair.com/en-us/cors...cherry-mx-blue

Feel free to post here or PM me any questions you all have.

Last edited by Corsair James; 04-21-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 04-21-2015, 07:16 PM
88hurst 88hurst is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 4
POST ID # = 774005
88hurst Reputation: 10
Default

So can I return the brown k70rgb in exchange for one of the blues?
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 04-21-2015, 07:17 PM
ScarredMecha ScarredMecha is offline
Registered User
ScarredMecha's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,162
POST ID # = 774006
ScarredMecha Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88hurst View Post
So can I return the brown k70rgb in exchange for one of the blues?
This would be an excellent option if offered. I would've bought an MX Blue board if they were available at the time of purchase.
__________________
Click the picture for some nice simple color scheme profiles!

Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 04-21-2015, 07:31 PM
Corsair James's Avatar
Corsair James Corsair James is offline
iCUE Product Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 4,492
POST ID # = 774009
Corsair James Reputation: 75
Default

Unfortunately we're not doing any type of exchanges for a different switch preference.
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 04-21-2015, 08:11 PM
ScarredMecha ScarredMecha is offline
Registered User
ScarredMecha's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,162
POST ID # = 774020
ScarredMecha Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Unfortunately we're not doing any type of exchanges for a different switch preference.
Ah, oh well. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a K70 with Blues in the future!
__________________
Click the picture for some nice simple color scheme profiles!

Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 04-22-2015, 01:03 AM
BSalawalatski BSalawalatski is offline
Registered User
BSalawalatski's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1
POST ID # = 774068
BSalawalatski Reputation: 10
Default

YES! Registered just to thank you for this!

I settled for a K95 RGB with MX Browns, but I prefer Blues. Can't wait to replace it!
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 04-22-2015, 05:44 PM
Technobeard's Avatar
Technobeard Technobeard is offline
Bearded Corsair Employee
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,302
POST ID # = 774247
Technobeard Reputation: 68
Default

Removed the off topic discussion. Please keep it on topic, thanks.
__________________
“Humor is reason gone mad.” - Groucho Marx
"I suggest a full frontal assault with automated laser monkeys, scalpel mines and acid." - Psychotic potato dwarf
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, especially simian ones. They are not all that subtle." - Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 04-23-2015, 02:35 AM
MesaMitch MesaMitch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 56
POST ID # = 774306
MesaMitch Reputation: 10
Default

Damn! I so would of got blues too i settled for Browns as well lol
Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 04-23-2015, 02:42 AM
Slater01 Slater01 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2
POST ID # = 774308
Slater01 Reputation: 10
Default

Will people such as myself living outside of the US and Canada be able to preorder these or is that not going to happen?
Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 04-23-2015, 06:42 AM
Jin24 Jin24 is offline
Registered User
Jin24's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 8
POST ID # = 774319
Jin24 Reputation: 10
Default

YES!!!!!!!

This is great news (that I just happened to stumble across through Google and random curiosity); I will be selling off my current keyboard in favor of this.

Edit: I also sent a PM with a few questions, but I'm both not sure if it went through and thought it wouldn't hurt to post them here:


First question: I will be actually switching shipping addresses in a few weeks (about mid-May) so it's important I get an idea of when these would ship out if I ordered one now. The link to the K70 states the item will ship out within 2-3 business days of purchase, is that accurate? And if it doesn't ship out within, say, a couple weeks... can I then change the shipping address on an existing order? I've never purchased through Corsair's website before. Thank you.



Second question: Since these are in limited supply, what is Corsair's policy regarding handling of defective units after you guys run out of MX Blues? If that happens, would we be able to get full refunds for the product?


Finally, were any conclusions reached about the inconsistent and "mushy" RGB MX Blue issue?


Thank you.

Last edited by Jin24; 04-23-2015 at 07:04 AM.
Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 04-23-2015, 07:50 AM
JalYt_Justin's Avatar
JalYt_Justin JalYt_Justin is offline
The Outsider
JalYt_Justin's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 183
POST ID # = 774322
JalYt_Justin Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin24 View Post
YES!!!!!!!

This is great news (that I just happened to stumble across through Google and random curiosity); I will be selling off my current keyboard in favor of this.

Edit: I also sent a PM with a few questions, but I'm both not sure if it went through and thought it wouldn't hurt to post them here:


First question: I will be actually switching shipping addresses in a few weeks (about mid-May) so it's important I get an idea of when these would ship out if I ordered one now. The link to the K70 states the item will ship out within 2-3 business days of purchase, is that accurate? And if it doesn't ship out within, say, a couple weeks... can I then change the shipping address on an existing order? I've never purchased through Corsair's website before. Thank you.



Second question: Since these are in limited supply, what is Corsair's policy regarding handling of defective units after you guys run out of MX Blues? If that happens, would we be able to get full refunds for the product?


Finally, were any conclusions reached about the inconsistent and "mushy" RGB MX Blue issue?


Thank you.
To answer your first question, they should ship faster than a few weeks, I believe the time on the site is relatively accurate.

Second, if you do so happen to get a defect after Corsair runs out of blues, I'm fairly certain they'll give you a full refund, just so long as it's under manufacturer warranty still.

And third, that's not exactly a question to ask Corsair. Cherry makes the switches, so it'd be more appropriate to contact them instead. Although, since Corsair seems confident in selling them again, I assume the inconsistencies have been cleared up.

I would buy a board myself, but I have no monies. :P
Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 04-23-2015, 07:54 AM
BlackheartRegia's Avatar
BlackheartRegia BlackheartRegia is offline
N0n-1337 G4M37
BlackheartRegia's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Haysville, Kansas, United States, Northwestern Hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Quadrant 1, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 774324
BlackheartRegia Reputation: 10
Default

I wish i could exchange this Razer Blackwidow Chroma for a K70 RGB Blue :(
Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 04-23-2015, 08:07 AM
Jin24 Jin24 is offline
Registered User
Jin24's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 8
POST ID # = 774325
Jin24 Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalYt_Justin View Post
To answer your first question, they should ship faster than a few weeks, I believe the time on the site is relatively accurate.

Second, if you do so happen to get a defect after Corsair runs out of blues, I'm fairly certain they'll give you a full refund, just so long as it's under manufacturer warranty still.

And third, that's not exactly a question to ask Corsair. Cherry makes the switches, so it'd be more appropriate to contact them instead. Although, since Corsair seems confident in selling them again, I assume the inconsistencies have been cleared up.

I would buy a board myself, but I have no monies. :P
Thank you so much for the response.

About shipping, the part that confused me is Corsair James' post above where he said "we're looking at 3-4 week availability for these to ship out and the webstore will provide more details."

Any idea if that mean 3-4 weeks to ship out or 3-4 weeks of availability for the blues?


Do Corsair update buyers with tracking numbers once the orders ship and should it be fairly easy to cancel an re-place an order if it doesn't ship out in time? That's my only concern right now; I'm moving in few weeks and don't want my keyboard sent to the wrong address. :P
Reply With Quote


  #14  
Old 04-23-2015, 11:40 AM
JalYt_Justin's Avatar
JalYt_Justin JalYt_Justin is offline
The Outsider
JalYt_Justin's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 183
POST ID # = 774347
JalYt_Justin Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin24 View Post
Thank you so much for the response.

About shipping, the part that confused me is Corsair James' post above where he said "we're looking at 3-4 week availability for these to ship out and the webstore will provide more details."

Any idea if that mean 3-4 weeks to ship out or 3-4 weeks of availability for the blues?


Do Corsair update buyers with tracking numbers once the orders ship and should it be fairly easy to cancel an re-place an order if it doesn't ship out in time? That's my only concern right now; I'm moving in few weeks and don't want my keyboard sent to the wrong address. :P
It's 3-4 weeks of availability, not 3-4 weeks of shipping. They will give you tracking numbers, but I'm not sure if you'll be able to cancel it during the shipping process. If you order it now, you'll most certainly get it before you move.
Reply With Quote


  #15  
Old 04-23-2015, 03:58 PM
dendzkii31 dendzkii31 is offline
Registered User
dendzkii31's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4
POST ID # = 774406
dendzkii31 Reputation: 10
Default

Is it gonna have the old logo? Please say yes
Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.