The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Legacy Corsair Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Power to the Punch
Powerpuncher's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776827
Powerpuncher Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheren159 View Post
Say you want your keyboard to flash red when the ability cools down. how can you do that? you could pre set the time in the profile but if you add CDR then the cool down changed time and your pre set time will be wrong. So with LUA you can check for that information.
To add to that, with LUA, you can basically treat the keyboard like a screen. You can program little games that you'll be able to play on the keyboard and do all kinds of algorithmic lighting effects that aren't possible or extremely hard to do with CUE alone.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:51 PM
remilton's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776828
remilton Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapexx View Post
Well, that's assuming CUE will have the ability to read the memory of other programs in the future. Then there's the issue of some other programs not liking outside programs reading their memory.
That is part of my concern. How well will we be able to take advantage of the LUA scripting.
Some devices in the past have had limited ability at creating custom profiles for games, but very little use has been made of such abilities.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:58 PM
remilton's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerpuncher View Post
To add to that, with LUA, you can basically treat the keyboard like a screen. You can program little games that you'll be able to play on the keyboard and do all kinds of algorithmic lighting effects that aren't possible or extremely hard to do with CUE alone.
I can see the potential there. One example might be a SIMON type of game, but I am sure there are much more complex types of number and puzzle games that could be played on the keyboard. Of course we can always hope for interface into published PC games also.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:28 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 776921
Inheritance Reputation: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapexx View Post
Well, that's assuming CUE will have the ability to read the memory of other programs in the future. Then there's the issue of some other programs not liking outside programs reading their memory.
Ok well of course there are going to be games where they dont want you reading the memory but not really Corsairs problem if thats the case.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 05-11-2015, 01:56 PM
remilton's PC Specs

POST ID # = 778568

Definitely worth learning LUA programming to add new lighting effects.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:53 PM
ChaosRifle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 797841
ChaosRifle Reputation: 10

So with this whole 16.8m colours now, and the flickering, are we going to see lua at all even? I have seen mention that its said to not even be a thing now???

Old 08-22-2015, 12:47 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 798038

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosRifle View Post
So with this whole 16.8m colours now, and the flickering, are we going to see lua at all even? I have seen mention that its said to not even be a thing now???
its going to be a thing, its was just delayed. They are still planning on bring it out.

Old 08-22-2015, 03:13 PM
ChaosRifle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 799239
Happy

Awesome. I'll be honest, the key features that stood out to me was changes colour, will be programmable, and is really well built. The 16.8m colours isn't a huge issue for me, while its sad it wasn't there on release and it flickers now, I don't mind. I cant wait for it, thanks for the reassurance Zheren159.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:54 PM
haz_mat's PC Specs

POST ID # = 799264
haz_mat Reputation: 10

Yeah I really hope they get that ready soon. I'm a bit late to the K70 RGB party and I was disappointed to see they don't have that feature promised almost a year ago. The existing system isn't bad by any means, but so much more would be possible to implement with various algorithms working on an arrays in memory. For people that already think in algorithms and object logic it might even be easier to implement complex lighting profiles.

I'd really like to start learning some LUA, as I already have a bit of experience with C++, Java, Python, and VB. This would be a great way to get into LUA and have some simple goals to achieve.

Old 08-22-2015, 08:14 PM
Power to the Punch
Powerpuncher's PC Specs

POST ID # = 799340
Powerpuncher Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_mat View Post
Yeah I really hope they get that ready soon. I'm a bit late to the K70 RGB party and I was disappointed to see they don't have that feature promised almost a year ago. The existing system isn't bad by any means, but so much more would be possible to implement with various algorithms working on an arrays in memory. For people that already think in algorithms and object logic it might even be easier to implement complex lighting profiles.

I'd really like to start learning some LUA, as I already have a bit of experience with C++, Java, Python, and VB. This would be a great way to get into LUA and have some simple goals to achieve.
AFAIK it'll still be quite a while until we get it since LUA support isn't their focus right now.

Old 08-22-2015, 09:07 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Jkraghify's PC Specs

POST ID # = 799430
Jkraghify Reputation: 10

I hope this becomes a focus soon. Really, this is the only place where I see the RGB series lacking. Im happy that they are adding new features into CUE, but I think LUA would allow the community to invent our own features.
With a good SDK, we could pump out loads if features faster than Corsairs could - just by sheer number of community developers... And corsair doesn't even have to pay us

Old 08-23-2015, 01:33 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 799514

If you have anything you want to be able to do with LUA be sure to leave a post here

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138328

Old 08-26-2015, 08:56 AM
ChaosRifle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 802642

I do agree with what the other guys say, would be nice to see lua as a front seat project. Give the people a sturdy enough API and we can start developing for Corsair. I have noticed a distinct lack of what would visually, look very basic. For instance, lit while held and fade out when released.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:01 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803282
Elestriel Reputation: 43

For what it's worth, I'm planning on implementing LUA in my new program. :)

Old 10-18-2015, 06:53 AM
The Magical Legend
MagicLegend's PC Specs

POST ID # = 814978
MagicLegend Reputation: 10

Is the feature in the software right now? I expect my K95 to arrive this Tuesday, and since I'm quite experienced with the LUA language I wanted to start coding right away. But I can't find anywhere that Corsair has made any progress in the last year...

~ML

Ps. *Bump*