Corsair Community

iCUE 3.19.120 issues

TheMaskedShadow

Hi,

This is just to report 2 issues that I had with iCUE 3.19.120:

- The two side buttons (normally forward & back) on the M65 RGB Elite were not working anymore

- The ST100 RGB stand would not turn on when iCUE was not active (instead of the default rainbow color)

Once I reverted back to 3.18.77, these two issues were resolved.

I haven't noticed anything else in the short time I was running with the problematic version.

Note: I didn't see any archive for old versions of iCUE on Corsair's site. I really wish they'd keep a copy of their old software somewhere *easily* accessible in case we have issues and want to revert back easily.

Hello, I also seem to be experiencing issues with this new update. I went to bed last night after gaming, all was well.

I have woken up this morning to the new 3.19.120 iCUE update which I proceeded to install and then begin gaming once more. I instantly noticed a lot of micro stutter in my game so I switched games but still saw the same horrible stuttering. Assuming it had something to do with iCUE, I uninstalled the software and ran my games again. They ran completely fine with no stutter at all. Just to confirm that iCUE was the culprit I re-installed it and ran my games and terrible stuttering was seen once more.

Are iCUE updates not tested before being released?

Can you please look at releasing a new update ASAP to fix this or tell me how I can fix/revert back to the previous version of iCUE where I experienced no issues at all. RGB is life!

Thanks.

Hello, I also seem to be experiencing issues with this new update. I went to bed last night after gaming, all was well.

I have woken up this morning to the new 3.19.120 iCUE update...

There are quite a few threads about this on the main iCUE page. Look for the longest one if you need more detail. Most people affected are running RGB RAM but it is often difficult to tell from profile listings alone. Either way if you are experiencing this issue, go back to 3.18.77.

Hi,

This is just to report 2 issues that I had with iCUE 3.19.120:

- The two side buttons (normally forward & back) on the M65 RGB Elite were not working anymore

- The ST100 RGB stand would not turn on when iCUE was not active (instead of the default rainbow color)

Once I reverted back to 3.18.77, these two issues were resolved.

I haven't noticed anything else in the short time I was running with the problematic version.

Note: I didn't see any archive for old versions of iCUE on Corsair's site. I really wish they'd keep a copy of their old software somewhere *easily* accessible in case we have issues and want to revert back easily.

The side button thing happens now and then and most often is not version related, but specific install corruption. Running a repair from the settings-> applications menu in Windows usually resolves it, or in this case, removal and install. However, as noted above if you are running RGB RAM you may wish to stay on 3.18 for the time being.

Edited by c-attack

Since I couldn't find them on Corsair's site, I had to Google "iCUE old version" (or something of the sort) and then looked up the quality of the sites hosting the package.

When I found a site that seemed "clean", I downloaded the file and scanned it with the AV.

There were no issues with the one I found but there is always a risk when not downloading the file from the original owner, in this case, Corsair.

EDIT: Fixed typos

Edited by TheMaskedShadow

The side button thing happens now and then and most often is not version related, but specific install corruption. Running a repair from the settings-> applications menu in Windows usually resolves it, or in this case, removal and install. However, as noted above if you are running RGB RAM you may wish to stay on 3.19 for the time being.

I actually did try the "Repair" option and rebooted to no avail.

I didn't do uninstall/re-install of the package but I don't think it would've helped since it wouldn't have resolved the other issues. Also, after going back to the older version, I wasn't having any more "stuttering" in my games anymore which at that point, I hadn't attributed the issue to the iCUE update.

This is from post #95 in the other thread.... links to older versions.....

All previous versions are available to download from Corsair's website. The links are not in the download section.

Just replace the version number in the URL:

3.19.120: http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.19.120_release.msi

3.18.77: http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.18.77_release.msi

3.17.97: http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.17.94_release.msi

If you encounter any problems getting an older version to detect your hardware after rolling back, doing the whole uninstall/reinstall process. Try running CCleaner Registry Fixer as that worked in my case. I went from 3.19 to 3.18 and couldn't get 3.18 to detect my hardware and it would often crash out. Ran the registry fixer/cleaner and that did the trick!

Today i update my iCUE to 3.19.120 version and it does not starting (i see process in system monitor and it have 30% load on CPU. But i dont see any windows or tray icon). I try repair it, try fully remove and install. But no have result. Now i roll back to 3.18.77 and it work fine...

vz1knh-4.png

Edited by dobrMAN

After updating to iCUE 3.19.120 i Lost all sound on my Hs70 .. tryed to uninstall icue and install and even downgrade ... seems like i am totally stuck here ... grrr

The sound thing is happening a lot for anyone on the Windows 10 1903 update. There were changes made to how sound devices were handled. Check your Sound settings within Windows to make sure the HS70 (or whatever) is still the default device or active when powered on. I get unexpected shifts on this not related to iCUE whenever I install a different sound program, including Nvidia drivers without the HDMI component.

If that is not the issue, you can try to uninstall the sound device from the Device Manager and then reinstall.

So usually my CPU load at idle is less than 7%, jumping from 1%-5% usually. I noticed today (I had updated to the most current version a couple days ago) that my cpu load at idle was jumping all over the place, sometimes over 40% for a second then drops, then jumps to 18%, then drops, then jumps to 25%, etc. When I exit from the taskbar it immediately drops (it also shows icue taking up all the cpu resources in task manager to double confirm).

Also, I can't seem to be able to select another lighting profile. It always defaults to one profile every time. It used to load the color scheme I wanted for Diablo 3 but then it stopped. This current "update" just took us five huge steps back.

If you encounter any problems getting an older version to detect your hardware after rolling back, doing the whole uninstall/reinstall process. Try running CCleaner Registry Fixer as that worked in my case. I went from 3.19 to 3.18 and couldn't get 3.18 to detect my hardware and it would often crash out. Ran the registry fixer/cleaner and that did the trick!

Thanks for mentioning this. Trying CCleaner now.:laughing: CCleaner and a reboot seemed to do the trick.

Edited by socialwaif