The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2018, 03:04 PM
Parmenedes's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952779
Parmenedes Reputation: 10
Default New product suggestion: gaming keypad

I recently upgraded my old [very] first generation k95 rgb to the new platinum version, and mostly I’m loving it, primarily because the old one seemed really buggy. BUT... I really, really miss having all 18 g keys. The Platinum only has six g keys, and trying to use them in combination with the numbers, qwe, asd, etc. is kind of a pain, since tab, caps, lock, and escape are sitting right in the middle of those other keys, and I clumsily end up hitting them by accident a lot, even after having developed at least some degree of muscle memory around the new setup. I suppose I could remap those keys to something else, but that’s not something I’d really like to do.

I went ahead and ordered a razer keypad to rectify this, but I would much prefer one made by corsair, as I haven’t had great experiences with razer products in the past.

It seems like a gaming keypad would fit right in with some of the other RGB gaming peripherals you guys already make (if it’s not too much of a niche product), so I thought I’d throw in my two cents and let you know that such a product is something I’d love to see in your lineup at some point.

I love the direction you guys have been heading with keyboards (except getting rid of those g keys!), mice, mousepads, headsets, etc. and look forward to seeing what else you come up with in the future.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:52 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 953070
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31

Hey Parmenedes, thanks for the feedback! I am one to agree with you, sometimes I run into the keys in-between (tab and shift), it would be a neat idea to have a gaming keypad. I'll pass this along to our team working on the keyboards.

Old 05-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Apophis3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 953098
Apophis3 Reputation: 12

Would also work nicely for those who bought tenkeyless ones, and and find they are doing some office work and could benefit from a numpad. So gaming pad with numpad option would be nice. And wireless. :)

Old 05-03-2018, 06:51 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 953194
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31

All valid reasons, definitely.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:02 AM

POST ID # = 957998
Klaus-L Reputation: 10

I agree and would strongly recommend to offer a well desigend keypad,
like the old Logitech G13, especially with a durable joystick and a sufficient amount of G-Keys !
Logitech has discontinued their product and Razer is the only company with keypad products. But Razer is of such bad quality, that I would immediately purchase a Corsair combi keypad, mice and keyboard !
And I know many other gamer, waiting for a good product.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:25 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Hotpot's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958113
Corsair Hotpot Reputation: 10

Thank guys for the feedback! We definitely have brought this attention to our team here. Hopefully it can get enough traction :)

Old 06-08-2018, 03:37 AM
Ektelion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958153
Ektelion Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Hotpot View Post
Thank guys for the feedback! We definitely have brought this attention to our team here. Hopefully it can get enough traction :)
I will support this in a heartbeat and order one right away after you create it!

I've been digging this since my razer orbweaver got faulty and gave it back to get refunded a corsair k70 rapidfire instead.

BTW ( Red + Brown switches would be ideal, not sure about rapidfire on a keypad though as i am typing with them right now )

* Edit, also the alluminum finish on it and some textured keycaps like your high end keyboards will be an icing on the cake! just throwing out ideas
* Edit 2 , make it look like a sports car, with exhausts and stuff haha, that would be so cool, an audi r8 maybe? one can dream for the perfect product i guess :P

Last edited by Ektelion; 06-08-2018 at 04:21 AM.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:05 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958155
Zotty Reputation: 52

Same... bring it on. As much as i love my stream deck i would love to have a gaming keypad for macros etc... and.... RGBz!!!! :)

Old 06-08-2018, 05:44 AM

POST ID # = 958157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektelion View Post
I will support this in a heartbeat and order one right away after you create it!
Yes, I will also order. And not only for me.
Predective I presented a Corsair keyboard to my wife. When keypad comes out, she will get a Scimitar and the keypad, and for me all three devices will be on the order list.
(And then the Razer **** will go to trash :-) )

Old 06-13-2018, 12:10 AM
Latharion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958848
Latharion Latharion Reputation: 120

I would also buy a keypad from Corsair. I have owned a microsoft keypad type device years ago (called a Strategic Commander). It's joystick mechanism was rather unique, but really cool. You moved your whole hand in whatever direction you need the joystick to point. It even included a Z-axis twist feature. When my the device died, I replaced it with the only thing available, a Razer Orbweaver. The keys are clicky, similar to the Cherry MX Blue keys, which is annoying, and the "joystick" if that's what they want to call that stubby thing, is very hard to use. imprecise, and feels more like a prototype and less like a finished product.

Needless to say, a Corsair version, which included a well thought out joystick feature, and excellent Cherry MX Red keys would be wonderful! If this device is considered, RGB functionality (with CUE support) would be most welcome.

Old 07-14-2018, 09:55 AM

POST ID # = 963439

Sadly, still no product announced. Have to keep my money.

Old 09-29-2018, 02:44 AM

POST ID # = 974614
doughts Reputation: 10

I would also love to buy a corsair gaming keyboard

Old 03-11-2019, 08:33 AM
Vanquishedlight's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997222
Vanquishedlight Reputation: 10

I agree, I just built a new pc, and wanting to go all corsair for rgb. I have the strife rgb KB and m65 mouse so far. but I play with the keyboard on my lap most of the time. and it would be nice having something smaller. so I was looking to see if they had anything like the orbweaver chroma, or g13. I was actually surprised to see corsair didn't have anything like this already.

please do this corsair, I plan on getting all my fans, aio cooler, ram and peripherals to be all corsair rgb so all the lighting effects can be synced with each other.

i'm not saying you have to hurry to produce these, but please hurry and produce these lol.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:48 PM

POST ID # = 997882
Ihatedapats Reputation: 10

Let me 14th this. It makes no sense that my entire PC, Peripherals and everything is either Corsair or MSI and I've got this lone Razer product on my desk. I mean I love the orbweaver. I'm just sure that Corsair would make a better product. The thumb stick is a big thing for me. I use it for movement. I know it sounds weird but I feel like I need atleast 15 macros.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:11 PM

POST ID # = 1012924
Nashgoth Reputation: 10

I want to add another request for this. I would absolutely love to get the Orbweaver off my desk and replaced with a far better quality Corsair alternative.